News

GA4 integration—now available in Unbounce 🔥

Related products: Unbounce Integrations
GA4 integration—now available in Unbounce 🔥

On July 1 2023, Google will be turning off Universal Analytics. In preparation, Unbounce has released a GA4 integration. You can now migrate your domains and data from the script manager.

Here’s what you need to do to migrate your Unbounce domains over to GA4:

Step 1: Go to Settings in your dashboard

Step 2: Select Script manager 

Step 3: Select Add a Script

Step 4: Scroll down to Google Analytics 4 and add your tracking code!

Need help? Here’s everything you need to know. You can also reach out to our support team via live chat—they’ll be happy to walk you through the process.

As UA is coming to an end I really need to get a handle on how to utilize GA4 for A/B testing on Unbounce. I have been able to set up the integration and events are tracking in GA4. However, conversions are not tracking to page variants which is “kinda important”.

I also need to track external conversions like say a Shopify purchase back to a page variant…

@Ed_Ilnicki - any insight or expertise to share on this topic? In my opinion, we as Unbounce users would be rendered helpless without variant and external tracking in GA4. As you know we need more details than the data we get from Unbounce for proper optimization.

Hey @Finge, thanks for reaching out about this. I know some folks from our Customer Success team have been in touch with you about these questions, but I’m going to share some info here for anyone else looking for more GA4 info. 😁

From our end we’ve typically been able to assist customers from the Unbounce side of setting up a Google Analytics integration. There’s a section in this help article on viewing variant-specific results for Unbounce pages in GA4. Unfortunately, ‘page_variant’ is classified as an event in GA4 and that makes it difficult for our developers to make changes to our integration and make this information easier to track, they’re working on it right now so I will keep this thread updated!

Hey @Finge wanted to follow-up with you here about the latest updates for variant-specific tracking in GA4. Let us know what you think!

Just republished pages and script now. Excited to see what data I can get in GA4 tomorrow 😉