Saying Goodbye to AMP Pages on February 2, 2022 đź‘‹

• 25 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Head of Community @ Unbounce
  • 27 replies

Hello Unbounce Community!

If you haven’t already heard, I wanted to let you know that Unbounce will be deprecating all AMP Pages on February 2, 2022.

What is AMP and why is it going away?

Google’s AMP is an open source project designed to help web publishers create mobile-optimized content that loads instantly on all devices. We added this functionality to the Unbounce builder in 2019, but as of 2021 Google will no longer be using AMP to rank pages (thanks to the rollout of their new page experience algorithm,) and are removing AMP icons in search. Essentially, AMP is becoming an outdated technology.

For this reason, Unbounce is retiring our AMP page creation functionality as of February 2, meaning you will no longer be able to access your AMP Pages with Unbounce. Your visitors will still be able to visit your AMP landing pages until February 28, but you will not be able to access them or make changes to them after February 2.

You have nothing to worry about, though - Unbounce mobile pages are already quick-loading and poised to earn you coveted Google juice!

What do I need to do?

In order to ensure a seamless transition from AMP, we encourage you to log in into your Unbounce Account, click the “AMP” tab on the left, and review the AMP pages in your list. Some of your pages may be safe to delete, others you may need to recreate.

So to recap, there are two important dates for you to remember as it pertains to our deprecation of AMP:

• February 2: Partial Deprecation
    You will no longer have access to the AMP tab or your AMP pages in the back-end of your Unbounce account. Any visitor who lands on one of your AMP pages will still be able to see it.
  • February 28: Full Deprecation
    Your visitors will no longer be able to see your AMP pages, and you also won’t be able to access the AMP section or pages in Unbounce.

Login Now to Make Changes

While it’s always sad to say goodbye, it does make room for our product teams to turn their focus to the future of your landing pages: Smart Builder (and the exciting Apps you’ll hear about soon 😉).

Feel free to share any questions or feedback in the comments below! 👇

2 replies

As a general enquiry
What does unbounce offer
In the way of split tested landing pages based on customer profiling

Is tgis a real thing yet ??

Please let me know

Thanks

Mark Hartmann

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @mark_hartmann ! Unbounce created a tool a couple of years ago called Smart Traffic, which basically replaces split testing with a more powerful and effective solution. Instead of split testing 2 variants of your landing page, and then manually selecting a winner, Smart Traffic will automatically route your visitors to the version of your landing page that THEY are most likely to convert on based on their profile (ie. browser type, location, browsing history, etc.)

You can learn more about Smart Traffic here.

Let me know if this answers your question, Mark - or if there’s something I missed or any way I can be more helpful.

Have a great Monday!

Sepy