New Year, New Open Beta: Introducing Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) in Unbounce

Show first post

35 replies

Before jumping into AMP and upgrading our account, I’d love to see an example of an AMP landing page. Does anyone have an example they can share?

Thanks,
Barney

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Barney_Lassen! We do have a few AMP pages built but I don’t have the URLs handy at the moment. As soon as I find them I’ll send them over to you. I know @Joe_Savitch has gotten his hands dirty with AMP pages, he might be able to provide them if he’s free.

Sit tight while I find you some examples!

-Jess

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

hello Barney,

Here is an example of one of our AMP landing page : https://www.eau-pure.fr/sfte-adoucisseur-amp/amp.html
And here is the original LP : https://www.eau-pure.fr/adoucisseur-sfte/

–> it’s in french, but as you can see it looks almost indentical.

Here what is missing for us right now:

• lightbox (for legal stuff) (it’s coming soon as i heard)
  • a few custom scripts (smooth scroll, back to top, and custom script for the form like verification of the phone number and postal code.

By the way, i’ve noticed that AMP comes with its own sets of translation and validation rules for the form.
Usually, we have to translate in french the error messages, but AMP got them by default and in french.
it’s great but we need to see if we can custom if for french phone number validation.

Thanks, @julien_level, and thanks for the summary of points missing in the beta release. 👍

Badge

Hi @Brian_Burns, any word back from Google on this question? Thanks.

Hey @Andy2,

We just reached out to them again this morning as we still hadn’t heard anything. Will update you asap.

Curious:

I currently have a WordPress blog post blah.com/amazing-article

Are you saying I can take that article, dump it into Unbounce’s AMP builder, and have it ready for Google so when people search for it from mobile, it goes to blah.com/amazing-article/amp?

Hi @Mark_H – It’s possible that you could make an AMP version of your WordPress blog post in Unbounce but it wouldn’t be an elegant experience. For your blog post, check out some of the WordPress AMP converters which are more targeted at publications.

Great use cases for Unbounce’s AMP builder are ecommerce, lead gen, social or email landing pages, or anytime you’d wanna personalize multiple versions of a landing page to segment and target different audiences. With Unbounce you’d be looking to trim load time to maximize engagement and ultimately, conversion.

I’ve copied over an existing page into the AMP builder and have settled without some custom script functionality like smooth scroll and sticky nav, but is there a way to remove the text decoration on links so that they aren’t blue? They are orange in the builder, but when I publish the page they show as blue (I’ve used style-“text-decoration:none;” on our normal pages to overcome this.

Hey @alanm,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The issue with links always appearing as blue should be resolved.