Introduction Thread

Show first post

84 replies

Hi fellow Unbouncers!

I am the founder of Nexus Conversions where we help convert complacent visitors into engaged customers.  We like to think that we are at the nexus (see what I did there*) of CRO and visual storytelling - usually taking the form of an animated video.  With that said, my name is Joe and I enjoy dabbling in all things “marketing”.  My favorite marketing campaign would have to be the pet rock.  Shout out to my dog and co-founder, Moe.

^ because you never know how your audience will respond to variant A…

Stay classy Unbouncers,

Joe Faillace
Linkedin

This is one of my favourite gifs. You win!

Thanks Justin!  I’m happy to say that the 5 minutes I spent looking for that GIF was the best wasted time of my day.

How many buckets do you think he’s got under there ? It’s like Russian doll - awesome GIF !!!

Rumor is that he only tests two buckets at a time! haha thanks, Amit!

Hi everyone, unbounce experts and crew! 

I stumbled upon this site in Google about landing page stuff! 
This community site is clean, organize and user friendly with all the help and support. love it! 

• What’s your name?
    I’m Alexander Ang from Malaysia! Yay! The famous news now is about our Prime Minister on the 1MDB case, 2.6 Billion and corruption news lol…

What do you do?
I’m in online marketing, helping my company to move their products and services into digital marketing era. 

• What’s your favourite marketing campaign of all time?
    Solo Ads & SEO! 🙂

• Are you a dog person? What’s your stance on cats?
    I’m a dog person, I have one and I love it very very much! :) 
    Cats? I still prefer dogs haha…

• Star Wars or Star Trek?
    Avenger please~

• Share links to your website, blog, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
    I’m in self-help niche, I write blogs and articles to share about productivity, success and law of attraction to benefit people who needs help in every part of the world… :) 

My Blog Site -
Success. Wealth & Abundance Blog:
http://www.massivewealthtosuccess.com

Landing page:
http://www.massivewealthtosuccess.com/ebook

Please feel free to give me comments, thoughts and idea on how to improve my site and landing page. 

Look forward to connect with the members here… Cheers!

Regards,
Alexander Ang

Welcome to the Community, Alexander! Very happy to have you on board. :) 

Welcome aboard, Alexander!  Hope you find the community as useful as I have! 🙂

Welcome Alex. The force is strong here in the unbounce community, we have a number of really good and helpful people, I hope we can all pitch in to make sure you hit your goals.

I’ve had a look at your lp and gone through the sign up process to see how easy it was. I’d like to throw some feedback out there if I can.

I have some experience in these areas. Ebooks, list building, affiliate offer upsell and then remarketing to your list for increased profits. I’m assuming that’s pretty much your plan. It’s a solid one that’s proven to be effective. Your into neuro linguistic programming so let’s use that to our advantage

I’m just going to keep this mostly about your first landing page not confirmation page

I hope you don’t mind me bullet pointing this, it’s easier on how my brain works.

1. Your headline is a bit long and a little confusing. The word Free gets lost in the black text and the volume of text drowns that usp out. It says half the effort, half of what? It’s unquantifiable at that stage and creates confusion and lacks the reassurance it’s meant for.

2. Visual cues are missing, it’s too text based, no friendly smiling people or flash cars amd houses or at least a couple who look comfortable, maybe throw in a couple with a child looking to secure their families future. Whatever you do you need to portray some happy people or aspirations that will appeal to your audience and break up the text.

3. I know your usp bullet points are phrased in a way that try to capture attention and drive an emotional and materialistic need. From a users perspective I was uncomfortable with the way points 2 and 4 read, I’d rephrase but definitely drop the three dots, …

4. If it were me I’d want to know who you are and what gives you the right to even produce a book like this and claim to be an expert. Don’t go overboard just stick to facts but you need to establish yourself as an authority to show product value even to give something away.

5. Your book won’t download and your video didn’t display once I’d submitted my email address. Could be my phone as signal is bad, just remember people look at these kinds of things spontaneously and your landing page after signed is a bit mundane. Celebrate

Hi Stuart, 

Thank you for your feedback! I must say that it is very constructive that’s what I’m looking for! 

It’s very important for me to improve my pages for optimize conversion. 

Please let me keep you updated on the results once I changed some of the suggestion you mentioned. (I think your point are valid! ) 

Regards
Alexander Ang

Good news is i got the download from your email… I’ve not read it yet, it wasn’t my original intention, but I like the tone of the first couple paragraphs so I might well delve deeper! 🙂

My original message got clipped, I meant, celebrate the fact they have taken their first step to a new life, bells, whistles and positive re-inforcement, you have their interest, now build on their urgency and momentum to really get them to respond to your product offerings. 🙂

Cheers

S.

Welcome Alex - Sorry I’m late to the welcoming party.

What Stuart said - he’s made some fantastic observations. Only things I have to add are;

1. Get a picture of you smiling up somewhere - it ties in with points 2 and 4 from Stuart above. Visual cues - and gives a lead in to introduce yourself and explain why people should buy your book.
  2. When it comes to introducing yourself - make sure you put at least 1 or 2 traceable success stories - when you’re selling success you need to talk about yours - it will certainly add credence and improve conversions.
  3. It might be worth considering (as an experiment possibly) trying to give away the first chapter of the book as a ‘lead magnet’. It means you have an email address - and someone who has already expressed interest - then you can push for the sale on email.

Good luck with it !

Cheers

Amit

Excellent advice Amit, liking the idea of giving away the first chapter especially.

S.

Stuart and Amit - both offering up some fantastic advice as usual. You guys are like the unofficial conversion experts of the Community.

Ha Ha !!! Love love that gif Justin!!

And thanks for the love - it’s all just crazy science !!!

ll just 

Or weird science!

Oh hey!

I’m the Blog Editor at Unbounce. In five words or less… the blog is my baby. 🙂

I’m lucky enough to spend my days working with our expert contributors and internal experts, who have taught me so much about landing pages and marketing campaigns. I know there’s still a ton to learn, though, which is why I’m here! Looking to learn some new tricks from all you smart marketing folk. 

In my spare time I like making collage and going to comedy shows. Always up for a sensible chuckle. 

Hit me up on Twitter or LinkedIn! Peace!

Hey everyone,

I’m the Multimedia Producer based out of Unbounce MTL! You might have heard me on the podcast, chatted at me in a webinar, or watched some of our other video content like Page Fights

I love all animals, maybe a little bit too much! I have 3 cats and 1 dog so it’s definitely a busy apartment. 

In my spare time I’m a radio host and am attempting to play roller derby. Captain Picard is my main man.

Looking forward to reading all of your tips and tricks and if you ever have any questions about Unbounce productions, feel free to give me a holler by hitting me up on Twitter or LinkedIn!

I finally had the chance to meet Justin at our Vancouver office this week, and he implied some very unfortunate outcomes for me if I failed to introduce myself here.

Actually, he showed me some of the awesome stuff happening here and I felt embarrassed for not having introduced myself already!

So a bit about myself:

Well, that seems like a pretty good note to end on. Thanks for having me!

That gif is mesmerizing and terrifying all wrapped into one. 
Also, welcome to the Community Brad!

Hey everyone, 

I work for a medical company and I do unbounce landing pages for Korea and the US . I want to help more small business to sell globally online with unbounce  in the future. 

Unbounce is great and you all have a bright future! 

Happy to have you on board, Kenji! Super cute .gif by the way… she looks like a baby version our office dog, Izu!

wow!! If I go to Canada can I visit you and Izu? hehe 

Definitely! We’ll give you a tour of Unbounce HQ and give you a bottle of Canadian Maple Syrup. 🙂

• My name is Kathryn, I am in Customer Support, if I wasn’t in CS at Unbounce I’d be breeding ornamental shrimp. And aquascaping. 
  • “Don’t Mess With Texas” - learn here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_Mess_with_Texas
  • I am a dog and cat person. I am a general animal person.
  • I enjoy Star Trek more than I enjoy Star Wars. But I’m not really a big fan of either, sorry.
  • Here’s my twitter: https://twitter.com/ofbug