In-person meetups? šŸ¤”

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
  • Former Community Manager @ Unbounce
  • 831 replies

Hi everyone! Me again 👋

Imagine this: bringing an online community offline!

For the next few months thatā€™s what Iā€™m going to be investigating. My ask of you (because thereā€™s always an ask) is what topics are you interested in? And what city are you located in? Okay, thatā€™s two questions, but theyā€™re both important.

My blue sky idea is that we (Unbounce) could empower our customers to host in-person meetups in their city to talk about marketing strategy, workarounds they use, trends, PPC, ecommerce, you name it!

These are is early days, and Iā€™m just trying to see if thereā€™s a level of interest out there. If there is, Iā€™m diving in head first, and youā€™ll be the first to know about it!

Interested? Get in touch in the comments below, Iā€™ll be watching like a hawk 👀

Hope youā€™re all having a great week!

-Jess

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @harryking! Which London are you referring to? Thereā€™s a few 🇨🇦

would love to join i live in london

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Awesome!! What city are you located in, if you donā€™t mind my asking? 🙂

I would love too ! Hi everyoneā€¦ I am from America

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

🙋‍♂️ Interested

Weā€™ve run a few back in 2017 in Montreal, Canada (by word of mouth) and would love to get this initiative going!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Iā€™ll have to confirm that with my legal team, but I believe weā€™ve made GDPR guidelines across all customers, not just Europe. Of course, if I dig I can find out where customers are, but contacting them based on their location is a no-go.

I might be wrong, in which case this would be super easy. But if Iā€™m right, I might need to get creative.

@Jess Iā€™m sure your email list has geo data associated with most of Unbounceā€™s subscribers based on their email opens. Simply create segmented email campaigns based on those geos and send 'em over (and hereā€™s a paralegal style advice: just donā€™t send them to EU. stick to US/Canada)

Or @Justin used to send pretty location specific ā€œmailmergeā€ style emails which makes me think he might have had a list of subscribers segmented by location.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Mark_H that must have been a whiiile ago! I didnā€™t know that was a thing.

So hereā€™s the problem Iā€™m running into, given that GDPR runs our lives now, what would be the best way to target folks in specific cities? I know we can target with Facebook, but if we wanted to send an email to customers in a specific location, we canā€™t really do that (that Iā€™m aware of).

Iā€™d love some tips, if anyoneā€™s feeling generous with legal advice.

You guys had those on-the-road mini-events in various cities a few years ago, I think run by Stefanie? I was at the Toronto one and I think we had a pretty decent turn out.

Never saw one happen again. But would be a good time to get one going. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I canā€™t think of Unbounce customers off the top of my head in Paris but I know of quite a few in Europe. I should loop in some folks from our Berlin office to try to facilitate something overseas.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I would love to see this happen here in the Midwest, or more specifically, Indianapolis, IN, USA 😀

Like @Andrew, I would love to see a ā€œshow and tellā€!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I would love too !

But Iā€™m not sure we are a lot from Paris, France around here ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Coming from the design side, Iā€™m always keen to get more knowledge the pure conversion side of things. i.e. convince me that your gradient-beveled-shadow-text-button is worth ruining good design for 😉

I second that emotion.

I learn the most from othersā€™ landing page case studies (and the underlying test hypotheses, strategies, and results) so a ā€œshow and tellā€ series of case studies might be appealing to others who want to learn and/or show off a bit. It might spark some new ideas for a future test and provide some design inspiration.

Happy to host an event here in sunny (for now) Richmond, VA!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I could start a thread on that point alone, in fact, I should. Iā€™d like to hear about different user behaviours based on different verticals, and what kind of patterns there are across. For example, a while back @Andrew mentioned that heā€™d heard about marketing becoming more patient-centric, and how that translates to different search patterns and behaviours in the healthcare industry.

I think a local(ish) Unbounce meetup is just about the biggest no-brainer ever uttered here in the community. Weā€™d just need a space!

Do you know of many Unbounce users on Vancouver Island?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I know for a fact that we have many Unbounce customers in Australia! Iā€™m curious, what kind of topics would you be interested in covering if there were an Aussie meetup?

Hey Jess - oh sorry, ā€˜Overlordā€™ 😉

That sounds like a great idea! Seeing real humans is always better than just text on a screen!

Iā€™m coming from a developer background with new marketing experience, so Iā€™m interested in the technical side of how people use Unbounce, for themselves or for clients. Not only that but I love the psychology behind a landing page and what leads people to click that call. Also tips for getting and keeping clients would be splendid.

Iā€™m in Victoria on Vancouver Island which, as you know Jess, isnā€™t that far from Vancouver, but the journey to your office is a bit of a mission.

Looking forward to hopefully hearing from others in the area!

All the best,
Jim

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Iā€™m on the Gold Coast, Australia! Possibly the only Unbounce-r here?! 😭

Iā€™d love to connect with any local Unbounce peeps though!