Hey LADIES! 

Show first post

45 replies

Hey Jess! Video has been an easy sell for the most part. Folks understand that video is taking up more and more space and is becoming more and more effective at not only selling, but building relationships with customers. We’re trying to make businesses more human, more relatable, and more trustworthy. Video helps you do that.

Even if folks don’t have a huge budget for video, I’d definitely recommend doing something as simple as video voicemails, where you send a little video to a prospect or customer. Our Success folks at Wistia do this right on their laptop camera, no fancy equipment required. Check this out here.

Excited to jump into more threads in here soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey Laura!

I am personally SO stoked to see you chime in here, for selfish reasons mostly because Vancouver has yet to adopt Uber and for the life of me, I can’t understand why. I mean, VancUber! It sells itself!!

(sigh) I digress…

That must be maddening. I would wager that this is part of the growing pains of being a relatively new organization. Does this have anything to do with corresponding with insurance companies? I find correspondence to be the slowest part of my job (waiting for responses to emails, etc.)

Could this potentially be an online system, to move away from paperwork? Or is that something that can’t be updated just yet?

I took an Uber for the first time in February this year on a trip to Portland (for Zwickelmania, if you’re a beer drinker - you should really check it out on Presidents day weekend in 2017) and one of the most memorable parts of my trip was getting to know the Uber drivers. It was such a pleasant experience to have real conversations with the drivers, that’s something that I feel is lacking in the Vancouver taxi service.

So glad you jumped into this thread! It’s great to have you here! Hopefully we’ll have Uber in Vancouver soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey Sher!

Foodee prompted Unbounce to participate in the Mannequin Challenge this year (which I’m sure you’re well aware of) so I must say THANK YOU because that was way too much fun to do last week, and waaay harder than I expected to stay still that long!

Truer words were never spoken! But I think as soon as you stop learning, you’re wasting time, so just keep swimming! If you ever need some brain food, please feel encouraged to chime into the forums here in the Community. We’ve got genius marketers from all over the world who are doing amazing things, and never shy away from challenging questions!

Glad to see you join the conversation here, hopefully we’ll be hearing more from you soon! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey Margot!

I love that idea! I took a look at that video, what a difference that makes from just reading an email (or in some cases, skim-reading an email). I know that implementing more video is something that we’re working on here at Unbounce, whether it’s documentation or new feature announcements - but this is something I haven’t seen done yet! @Helen_Shaw this could be really cool for customer correspondence, is this something we’re already doing that I’m not aware of?

Definitely food for thought! Thanks for that tip! 🙂

Hey @Jess - the Engagement team at Unbounce already use videos to engage customers with video voicemails! @Margot_Mazur I’d love it if you and I could connect to chat more about this!

Hi all!

Thank you @Helen_Shaw for the invite!

I’m Alex and I work at a small, but growing tech company called Spark. We build software for real estate developers, specifically for their sales and marketing teams. We empower teams by providing them an intuitive tool that helps them better manage relationships and ultimately sell homes more quickly So if you find yourself buying a condo in Vancouver that won’t be built for the next 2-3 years chances are our software powered that purchase!

I work on the sales team as an Account Executive, but as I’m sure a lot of you know, in a small tech company, we all wear many hats. Aside for taking on business development, software demos and training of new employees, I spend a lot of time thinking about/building out processes that are going to allow us to seamlessly grow without slowing down operations. Process is my happy place. 🙂

I’m inspired everyday by the energy at my office! We’re a small, but mighty team and everyone is so positive and motivated to build a product that makes people’s work easier. After a long day or a couple of challenging deals, it’s easy to lose sight of that. But all it takes to get back on track is acknowledgement of one happy client or finally connecting with that prospective client who just sees the value, no questions asked.

I love reading about the things that inspire you all! This is such a valuable and positive way to share our collective experiences, struggles and successes. Well done! 👍

Thanks so much for posting, @Alexandra_Phizicky - Welcome to the Unbounce Community! Feel free to poke around the other conversation threads and check back in soon to read more from other fantastic women in tech! 🙂

Happy to! Folks can feel free to shoot me an email at margot@wistia.com if you want to chat more about video, video voicemails, or any of that fun stuff. I’m pretty much attached to my laptop, so just hit me up 🙂

Hi everyone!

New to the Unbounce community (and most things digital, to be honest). I work at PADS in the communications department and my biggest focus/challenge right now is trying to translate digital strategies meant for a for-profit environment to be effective in not-for-profit. Of course, as a not-for-profit, the team here is very small so it is just myself and my manager who work in marketing/communications which means my time resources are limited.

Very excited to have been invited to this thread and looking forward to following it and the rest of the topics on the Unbounce forum!

Jess, I LOVE VancUBER! I think it should def be a part of the marketing strategy when they are able to operate in the city. 😁

In terms of all the paperwork, it does not necessarily have to do with the insurance companies but more the regulations the cities put on the rideshare programs + the small amount of knowledge most of our partner-drivers have with technology. While all the resources are at their fingertips online with step by step processes via desktop and mobile app, there is still that huge disconnect that the partner-drivers can upload all the documents themselves via the app. Those that come in with documents to upload generally mention “it wasn’t working for me” or “I didn’t know how to do it”. In the second case, we have teaching moments where we educate them so they are able to do it themselves the next time.

In terms of better workflows, there are so many parts to the process. It’s a matter of figuring out the design of the website - what do the partner-drivers see / what do they miss / which pages do they go to / are the links visible for them / etc. I think initially, they look online. So it’s a matter of better placement with our resources along with clearer communication of how to do certain things.

Glad you were able to find that connection with your driver! I cannot wait til Vancouver opens up it’s doors to Uber!

🐣

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey Kaila! Welcome to the Community (and to all things digital!) :spinbounce:

That sounds like a real doozy! Having worked in not-for-profit company’s before I can vouch that it is a very different situation than for-profit. Feel free to lean on the Community here for some feedback on this, I know some marketers who have worked for both, and they can probably provide some insight into this. I’d be happy to bridge some gaps for you if you’d like, let me know! 🙂

Looking forward to seeing you in the forums! Chime in any time! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey Laura!

That sounds maddening, but it also sounds like a huge learning experience. I wonder if it’s that the material is actually hard to understand, or if it’s just a general aversion to technology.

Do you guys have someone dedicated to User Research? I’ve been sitting in on lots of User Research presentations lately and it’s exposed a lot of really interesting insight into studying who you’re building your product for.

Curious to see how this pans out!

Hey, Glad to found your post here. It’s always interesting to meet up with a new one specially girl. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey (again) ladies! 👋

Thought you’d all be interested in one of our newest initiatives put on by some fierce females here at Unbounce.

https://community.unbounce.com/t/presenther-point-right-promoting-gender-diversity-at-marketing-conferences/5496

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey girls! I’m a little late here, not sure how I missed this post 😳

I’m a totally self-taught digital-marketing-designer-type. I LOVE figuring out new shit and learning new platforms – Unbounce is one of my FAVS, and I’ve been using it since Nov 2013 (I feel like I need to bake a cake for the 5 year anniversary?!)

I have use to have my own business in the health and wellness space, so have done all of the start up design / marketing / emails / lead gen / blogging / ebooks / photography etc for that; and I worked for 5 years in a start up company as a “Digital Marketing Executive aka Unicorn” i.e. I did a whole variety of stuff across 127 different platforms. Sometimes I like to exaggerate massively too.

Now I run a boutique creative agency in that broad digital marketing / design area, so feel free to reach out to me if you need help with Unbounce! https://sevahcreative.com

p.s. you ladies are all SUPER inspirational!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Also, anyone living the #lp-pom-block life?! Every page in my notebook is full random numbers 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey Zoe! That’s so rad that you’ve been using Unbounce for that long!!

Well, you don’t need to, but it wouldn’t go to waste 😏

Are you active in the Unicorn Think Tank Slack channel? I’ve heard great things about it but I don’t have the bandwidth to take the plunge into it this quarter (maybe next quarter…).

I took a look at your website, it’s awesome! What kind of projects are you working on right now?

… And P.S., this thread will live forever, so there’s no such thing as being ‘late’, in fact I’m stoked you’ve re-ignited it just in time for me to plug a new badass initiative that’s some members of Unbounce have launched:

Very glad you chimed in here, Zoe! Hope to hear more from you in the forums! 💪

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Ha ha cake never goes to waste!

Ok how do I join the Unicorn Think Tank?!!

I’m doing a bit of ongoing work for Pureprofile still, and looking for a 2-3 new clients - my business takes up most of my time, so I generally don’t take on more than 2-3 clients for my freelance work. I love working with small businesses and startups 🙂

That bootcamp looks awesome! I wish we had more events like it in Australia.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It’s quite exclusive, but I think a good place to start is connecting on Twitter here, and then after that I think a member needs to send you an invite. If all else fails, one of the members of our marketing team at Unbounce is in the Think Tank Slack channel, and when she gets back from vacation I’ll be following up with her.

What kind of clients are you looking for? You mentioned small business and startups, what would you say (campaign wise) is your specialty? I can put my feelers out and let you know if anything comes up!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I don’t use Twitter much 😳 but that would be great if you could put in a word for me!

I love doing the hands-on stuff from designing to building – landing pages, design, emails. I’m a bit of a jill-of-all-trades, so have always been good at communicating between designers, developers and sales/marketing.

Speciality wise, my passions are health, wellness, fitness – although funnily, I haven’t worked with many lately!