AWS Outage - February 28, 2017

✅ Amazon AWS Outage [Resolved]

Amazon has resolved S3 issues & pages are now loading. Subscribe for future service updates here: http://status.unbounce.com/

13 replies

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

Justin,

This is the 2nd Unbounce outage I have had this month.
Fortunately, Sprout Social report the outage so I could turn off all our
PPC.

First, I reported the Wordpress bug in which Unbounce was incompatible with
PHP5.3. We lost a minimum 100 leads @ $150/lead.
I have to migrate all our Wordpress pages back to Unbounce hosted.
Still Waiting for Samantha to retrieve these leads… still haven’t heard
back.

Vey unhappy customer.

This has been going on for quite some time. What is your ETA for a fix?

Steve

Steve Lents
Instructor, Owner

Just want to add that I’m new and only have 2 pages so far, but they are both down. Well, no wonder why my advertising wasn’t working. Just to let you know, I had my pages added to my wordpress website and I spent ALL morning trying to figure out what was wrong with my wordpress site before I learned that this is an unbounce issue. I have paused my ads but would like to resume once this is fixed. Will you be notifying unbounce customers once it is?

Why the pages are not working? its been like that for more than 2 hrs!

Totally understand the frustration @scott_plumptree. We’re using quite a few services internally that are affected by this outage as well (Trello, Slack, Zoom, Hubspot, Mailchimp).

Like many Saas companies, we rely on AWS services as they historically have provided 99.99% uptime and are second to none with the services they offer. We’re currently working on customer communications as we speak and should have an update out shortly.

Absolutely. We’re keeping the status page updated as the day goes on (which you can also subscribe to), but we’ll also be sending out customer communications about the issue via email shortly.

Full disclosure, the only thing that might stop us from doing that is if our system to send emails is being affected by the outage, too. [quote=“Steve_Lents1, post:5, topic:4732”]
This has been going on for quite some time
[/quote]

We’re at the mercy of AWS for this one, and it looks like they’re still looking into the issue.

We appreciate everyones patience during this frustrating time. 🙏 Stay tuned for more updates.

When will this be fixed? For every minute our landing pages are offline we
are losing HUNDREDS of punds in revenue, not to mention the complaints we
are getting and the damage to our brand. Please tell me when the pages will
be back up

I’ve lost at least $100 for today because of this outage. It seems there is an outage at least once a month with Unbounce.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey everyone, just wanted to chime in and say that this is not an Unbounce issue. AWS (Amazon Services) are down. This affects a large infrastructure of organizations online. Millions are feeling the pain in many sectors right now.

In an age of technology we can expect the system to reboot every once and a while, that’s just how it is. A 100 years ago it would’ve been a fire that burnt down a half a city.

There’s a full list, and growing, of affected sites. http://venturebeat.com/2017/02/28/aws-is-investigating-s3-issues-affecting-quora-slack-trello/

Amazon’s Twitch, Atlassian’s Bitbucket and HipChat, Buffer, Business Insider, Carto, Chef, Citrix, Codecademy, Coindesk, Convo, Coursera, Cracked, Docker, Elastic, Expedia, Expensify, FanDuel, FiftyThree, Flipboard, Flippa, Giphy, GitHub, GitLab, Google-owned Fabric, Greenhouse, Heroku, Home Chef, iFixit, IFTTT, Imgur, Ionic, isitdownrightnow.com, Jamf, JSTOR, Kickstarter, Lonely Planet, Mailchimp, Medium, Microsoft’s HockeyApp, the MIT Technology Review, MuckRock, New Relic, News Corp, PagerDuty, Pantheon, Quora, Razer, Signal, Slack, Sprout Social, StatusPage (which Atlassian recently acquired), Travis CI, Trello, Twilio, Unbounce, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Vermont Public Radio, VSCO, and Zendesk, among other things. Airbnb, Down Detector, Freshdesk, Pinterest, SendGrid, Snapchat’s Bitmoji, and Time Inc

Unbounce is doing there best just like everyone else to communicate this issue.

Thanks @digibomb! Our team appreciates the kind words. 💙

@Luke_Walker1 and @Nickolay_Lamm – we absolutely feel your pain.

We’re monitoring the issue pretty closely here at Unbounce, but alas this is affecting more than just our app. GitHub, Buffer, Hipchat, Slack, Imgur, Hubspot, Mailchimp, Zendesk and many, many more software providers are feeling this in some way, shape or form.

Again, we greatly apologize for the inconvenience here. We have teams who are monitoring this issue around the clock and we’ll update once we learn more.

I’ve linked a few articles below to help get a better picture of the severity of the outage. But again, we’ll keep you all updated once we learn more.

Amazon Web Services goes down, taking swaths of internet with it via chicagotribune.com
Outage in Amazon Web Services cloud storage causing online disruptions via seattletimes.com
Amazon AWS S3 outage is breaking things for a lot of websites and apps via techcrunch.com

✅ Amazon AWS Outage Update [Resolved]

Amazon has resolved S3 issues & pages are now loading. Subscribe for future service updates here: http://status.unbounce.com/

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

I just mailed 5,000 postcards and sent them to my unbounce landing page. Are you saying they will not get this. Not sure how this will affect me.

We appreciate your business, if there is anything further we can do please contact us.

Warmest regards,

–Tony