Allow yourself to introduce... yourself

Show first post

140 replies

My name is Jim Cochrane and I run the blog, http://getpaidbootcamp.com. I am using this site to help people find the right money-making opportunities and keep away from scams.
Best Regards,
Jim

Great to meet you, John! My wife just started doing the same thing about 6 months ago. Have you considered becoming an Unbounce Partner? Our customers need help with other services from time to time and our Customer Success department often refers them to our partnerships section.

I think the majority of people are looking for landing page design services, but there are definitely a handful seeking out ppc and web design. Anyway, it’s worth looking into! You can check it out at Unbounce.com/partner 🙂

Hey John, I can’t say we’ve dove into this strategy at Unbounce, but the increased competition in SEO and fragmentation in distribution platforms (LinkedIn, Medium, Facebook, YouTube, SlideShare, etc.) has got me really curious about an idea…

What if a publisher were to pull back on the number of things they write, so they could really nail the few pieces they chose to write about? With those extra resources, you could create downloadables for your blog post for lead gen, a slideshare version of the same content, a video of someone explaining the content for YouTube, etc.

I guess the key with the idea is that you’d need to free up resources, because reformatting for any new platform takes serious thought and time. It took one of our Content Strategists 4 days to repurpose webinar slides into a good Slideshare deck, for example.

I’m not sure if any of this helped, but feel free to respond and ask more questions!

Damn Rory, good question.

I think all good marketing is authentic. By that, I mean that the person who created it believes in what they’re saying, not that it’s not salesy.

I’ve seen a lot of really successful, well regarded salesy marketing, but I think it does so well because the audience appreciates it. If you’re selling software to a salesperson or someone with that type of mind, it’ll likely resonate with them.

It so happens that our audience is made up of smart people in the marketing industry, so they can smell BS a mile away. We love that, because we hire the type of people who don’t spout BS :) 

Sorry that didn’t directly answer your question, but I suppose I see it a bit differently than you do. I’d love to hear anyone else’s opinion on the matter. It’s a really interesting topic.

Hi Claire!

Those are some meaty challenges! I can’t claim to have the answers, but maybe a couple suggestions.

If quality of clients is your focus, have you considered partnering with a different type of agency that’s more established, but lacks expertise in content marketing? It still might be difficult without case studies, but you might be able to unlock more projects at once. 

Software companies also run into the problem (we run into it all the time) where people don’t understand that success comes from the effort they put into the software, not just the purchasing of the software. Maybe you could partner with some content marketing software and have them direct companies who want content marketing help to you? It doesn’t typically provide the high profile companies you’re looking for, but it could be a good way to build those case studies.

Unfortunately, we don’t have plans for audience persona research on the product roadmap, but if anyone else in the community knows of software that helps with audience persona research, please help Claire out!

Wow. That’s a very impressive story! Glad to have you with us, Myles 🙂

You’re coming to CTA Conference all the way from NORWAY?! Thanks so much Magnus. I’m really looking forward to meeting you in person.

Make sure you stay a few extra days to either check out the sights or recover from jet lag 🙂

Hi, I am Pat from sunny California. I am with a startup company wearing many hats. One of which is marketing. I am also new to digital marketing and trying to learn the many tools available and how to integrate them together to get the best repeatable results while controlling costs. Is this goal unrealistic?

I’m glad you did read it! Now we all get to learn a bit more about you 🙂

How has personalization affected your sample sizes? Do you end up getting fewer people on any given page, because you’re setting up a kind of “choose your own adventure” with your website?

Thanks Cody!

That’s great to hear you’d like to give the software a shot. It’s definitely made the creation, editing and testing a lot easier in our campaigns. I wish you the best of luck with it. Be sure to reach back out to the community or support@unbounce.com if you need any help getting started 🙂

That was beautiful, Lauren. Honestly, music to a responsible marketers’ ears.

It’s great to meet you. You’ve made a new fan 🙂

Hey Andrew! Good to see you here 🙂

I was just talking to Brad (who you know from the SlideShare redesign) about how we’ll announce our next release. You should see a shiny new feature within the next week, I think!

Hi Jon! It’s been a while. Great to hear from you.

You’ve raised a lot of good points. We also prefer using Unbounce for landing pages instead of HubSpot’s. 

And yes, a master list of integrations would definitely be handy. Zapier has become my personal go-to when I need to send leads into a system we don’t natively integrate with. Have you given them a shot? There’s a cost associated, but it’s pretty reasonable.

Just to make sure I understand - the reason you can’t pitch Unbounce as much as you could is because you’re never sure if you can make it work with their current tools? If you could provide an example and more detail, I’d love to show it to Meagan, our product manager in charge of the API and integrations. She’s dying to have the feedback.

Hi Brice!

That’s a very impressive intro and a humbling complement at the end. Thank you 🙂

I can’t say I’ve ever run into the same challenge, but it’s very interesting! What is it about the location that makes it difficult to connect to the right people? Are they just only ever interested in discussing opportunities in person, or through introductions?

Is there any way to break down the process of how you might approach those people if you were located in the same city, then fake it?

It sounds like a very tough problem, but I bet there are a lot of people in the community (myself included) that would love to understand it more.

I’m honoured that you’ve been following our webinars and glad you’ve been getting value from them. Whether there’s a time when trying the product makes sense or not, I hope you stick with us and learning things you can apply to your business.

WOW that was a good comment! Ke$ha’s got nothing on you.

That’s also a very interesting problem you present… If you’re not in a position where you actually need the money (because you have a day job), could you take some more risks with how you present yourself? I mean, what if you were to present yourself from the get-go as someone who will push the boundaries of marketing, so clients are set up to expect that?

Like you suggested, it wouldn’t be a short-term solution by any means… and the types of people who would be interested in those services are likely different from your current clients… but it sounds like it’d be fun, doesn’t it? 🙂

Thanks for the advice with the setup. It’s definitely tough to fight the temptation of trying to build the perfect system immediately and trick yourself into thinking you’ll just set it and forget it (shout out, Ronco infomercials).

I can’t say I’ve been very active in those communities yet, but it sounds like I should start.

Wow, that’s a wide variety of services! You must be a busy guy 🙂

Thanks very much for the compliment. It’s been a good morning.

Hello to all!
I _m Barbara from Mexico. I _m a graphic designer, mostly I do branding and editorial, but I _m doing some website design now, so I _m trying to learn about content, SEO and digital marketing in general. So since I _m new in all these topics, both Hubspot and Unbounce have been enourmously helpful. 
My biggest struggles in these areas are about SEO. I think its overwhelming, and frankly I don _t know where to begin… so a begginers guide would be great for me.
Thanks a lot and well read each other over here.

Hi Tim,

I wish I knew more about the details of HubSpot, so we could get into the nitty gritty. Truth is, I’m still learning the software and we have someone mostly dedicated to the setup.

I will say this though - we’re in serious talks about improving our marketing automation integrations (HubSpot included). In the meantime, we’ve opted to use Unbounce forms and the Unbounce integration. It means we can’t take advantage of progressive profiling for now. And perhaps we’re missing out on the campaign data within HubSpot too… I’m actually not sure. 

A friend of mine at a company called Uberflip has been using both tools together for quite some time. Maybe she’s figured it out! I’m going to ask her to take a look at your question and see if she has any advice. I’d also love to hear what she thinks about the topic.

Thanks a ton for all the kind words about our emails, content and events. I’m really glad you’ve enjoyed your time with us 🙂

Great to meet you Lesia!

There’s a lot to talk about with email marketing! You might be interested in the email marketing section of our blog: http://unbounce.com/email-marketing/

I hope it helps!

Hello,

I’m Nathan Pabich from Chicago, Il, USA. I work as the Director of Paid Search at http://www.digitalthirdcoast.net/. I’ve been focused on paid search for nearly a decade, 8 of which spent helping Digital Third Coast grow.

Loved the email. Anything that doesn’t have “top x essential”, ÒunicornÓ or ÒhacksÓ in the subject line is progress in my book.

I’ve been evaluating Unbounce for longer than I’d like to admit. I’d really like to see about next steps to get going with the platform (time commitment on our side, what we need to do to succeed, etc) and how we could scale it effectively for our clients, existing and new.

Cheers,
Nathan

Hi Barbara!

Great to meet you. Have you checked out Moz’s Beginner’s Guide to SEO? It’s amazing. Hope it helps 🙂

Hey Tim!

Hana here, abovementioned friend from Uberflip 🙂

We use HubSpot and Unbounce and have the same issues when it comes to connecting landing page interaction with leads. If somebody submits via an Unbounce landing page we lose visibility. No campaign data and doesn’t show the form submit in a lead’s HubSpot history (although we get around by making sure to add them to a unique list that’s properly labeled since the list addition is included in HS history. SO many lists!) 

We’ve gone back and forth on this and have basically defined different landing page use cases and when to use Unbounce vs. settling on a HubSpot page (for example, button CTA vs form, ppc campaign vs. email campaign to our existing database etc.)

For us, it’s a balance. Unbounce is just better at landing pages across the board but in some scenarios, we need to use HubSpot for better visibility into lead behavior (for us and for our sales team).  

Not sure this was particularly helpful, but happy to put you in touch with our resident HubSpot guru.

@Corey - great to hear you guys are considering enhancing the marketing automation integrations. Excited to see what rolls out!

Cheers, 
H

What can I say? I have a generous boss! (I’m sure him tagging along to Canada had nothing to do with it!)

Looking very much forward to it. Got to meet Oli at CJAM in Stockholm last September, and excited to see what he’s good for on his home turf!

We’re flying in on Thursday, to have a few days to experience Vancouver before the conference starts on Sunday. Hoping to catch the Stampeders @ Lions preseason game on Saturday!

Looking forward to meeting everyone and making some new connections at the conference!

Hi, I’m Ton, and I’ve just launched an ebook and a program on www.lovebybreakup.com My web guy developed landing pages WITHOUT Unbounce, and I’m OK with that. Yet, the day may come that I need more flexibiity and can afford the budget to use a paid landing page service. Till that day, I’m happy to learn about what Unbounce can do for marketing, and how.
I was VERY pleased by the tone and content of Corey’s email. My next book might be on ethics in online marketing, and I find the email a beautiful example of applied ethics. Thank you and keep up the good work.