How do you stay educated on Marketing & Business?

• 20 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello my fellow marketers, business owners, employees, and team members!

I am putting together a big old list of pro-D resources for myself and my team, and I thought this would be a great place to solicit some help. Can you please leave a comment with your answer to the following question?

Where do you go when you want to increase your business or marketing IQ? Is it podcasts? Blogs? Online courses? Physical classes? Events? If so, which ones? Please provide links to your top resources so I can put together a master list! Thanks a lot!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Great question! Here are some of my favorite resources:

CXL —‍ Sure, it’s expensive, but I find their training to be the most actionable and specific for marketers.

SearchEngineJournal and Social Media Today — These are my two go-to blogs for staying up on the latest marketing news.

Perpetual Traffic —‍ A great podcast about paid media. They did an episode recently about Google’s new(ish) Performance Max campaigns and it was mind blowing.

Today in Digital — Another really good podcast that is daily and he’s Canadian too!

Growth Marketing Weekly and Growth Marketing Toolbox — Shameless self promotion (I know, I know)… but I also have a weekly newsletter curating the best marketing news and tips. Plus a long-running podcast that focuses more on marketing tools if that’s your fancy.

Be well!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Nicholas amazing list, thanks so much for taking the time to share. Excited to give those two podcasts a listen in particular. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I would also mention Measure Slack channel. It’s not specifically marketing, but so many helpful people and conversations for, let’s say, “technical marketers”. Asking a question and getting answers within minutes from people like Simo Ahava or Charles Farina on GA/GA4/GTM… It’s phenomenal :)

Badge

Love this question! Great opportunity to source new podcasts and blogs. 

Here are my go-to podcasts right now for marketing/biz: