New Education Landing Page Feedback

• 8 April 2022
  • 3 replies

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve? Give as much detail as possible
This is a new landing page we published recently, more conversions and good user experience on both mobile and desktop view are our only goals at the moment.

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
Google paid search

3: What is your conversion goal?
Quality leads via call backs from admission advisors

4: Provide a link to your published landing page :

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

The margins seem to be off. On desktop,some of the content is running past the size of the screen to the side (at least on my machine). On mobile it fits better initially, but when I turned the screen sideways, it got all out of whack and didn’t return to the original size when I rotated it back.

As for the content of the page, I think you’re burying your most compelling messaging. Try to get the benefit at the top of the page, preferably in the headline.

I would put the logos of where graduates work right under the hero area as that will help pay it off and work as a bit of proof.

The copy under the bullets in the hero section is pretty generic. I don’t think you even need it if you come up with a good headline-subhead combo that speaks to the benefit and the degree as the way to achieve it.

“Enroll with us and receive” doesn’t work with the callouts that follow it. They don’t receive a duration or course fees. I would change that section to be more accurate and clear.

The call to action is a bit confusing as well. If the button say to call, I would expect it to dial a number. The one in the top bar doesn’t seem to do anything but reload the page, and the other one comes at the end of a form. You make it clear what to expect. What happens when they submit the form? And what is the benefit of doing that?

I hope that helps. Best of luck.

I found the margins off as well.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Getting the same issue with the page width; I’ve found this tool to be helpful: https://responsivedesignchecker.com/.

Beyond that, I agree with @SeanKirby - specifcity on benefits, aligning the page flow with stage of awareness, plus it feels like a lot of info is missing (like curriculum, schedule, “This is for you...” section.

Depending on your audience, they may need more info or more hand-holding to sign up for the course. My instinct is to go with a long-form sales page vs a short-form landing page (this post can help figure it out)