Heatmaps and Session Recordings

• 21 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Optimizing landing pages requires looking at the data, but which data?! It can be overwhelming.

One of my favorite places to look for new insights in in heatmaps and session recordings. Many of us are probably familiar with Hotjar. They’re not bad. In fact, they did a lot to make this kind of tool mainstream.

But more recently I’ve been digging in to a similar tool from Microsoft (yes!) called Clarity. It’s free, which is pretty cool, and has almost everything Hotjar has and then some. While not perfect, I think it’s really trying to be the “Google Analytics” of the qualitative feedback and testing space. We shall see!

Any Clarity users here? What do you think of it? Or what do you use instead?

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Oooh, I see they have a GA integration. Have you used it? Did you like it?

I’ve only used Hotjat & CrazyEgg, so there’s a little bit of  “Hm… is it too good to be true?” resistance to Clarity 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oooh, I see they have a GA integration. Have you used it? Did you like it?

I’ve only used Hotjat & CrazyEgg, so there’s a little bit of  “Hm… is it too good to be true?” resistance to Clarity 😂

Yes, it works well! I too was a little skeptical at first, but seeing as it is free and easy to set up, I’d say give it a shot and see whatcha think compared to those other tools.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I’ve created an account on Clarity and it looked good but i have yet to find the time to try it 😅