Question

Saving Data from Partial Complete Forms

• 1 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi All,

I know that partial complete form data storage and “abandoned cart” marketing is typically done in B2C — but I really think it has a place in B2B.

Having said that, looking through the community thread, it looks like the last time this topic came up with several years ago.

Has anyone (i.e. @Noah) come up with a way to save partial form completes not locally, but perhaps available to send via Zapier to a marketing automation tool?

Or, has anyone used Insightful (https://insiteful.co/) which says they work with Unbounce? 

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey there @chadperry_nbri.

Natively, partially filled out forms will not save previously inputted information if not submitted and would require custom script in order to utilize this. To your point, we do have a pre-existing Community Workaround which saves the customer form data filled in if not submitted.

I have yet to see a customer use Insiteful but I did come across this article which is a javascript that can help with Form Abandonment Tracking and explains how to ensure it identifies your form using our Unique IDs on our landing pages.

Please post to this thread if you come across any other scripts in your search, I’d be curious to know myself!