Script in form to check existing emails

• 30 April 2020
  • 4 replies

I am looking to create a form (separate from landing page) for users to register for information. when they submit (or sooner), I want the form to check against the lead database to see if the user has registered before. If that user has, I want the script to output information and a link to the user instead of submitting to the database. Can this be done??

4 replies

Ah…that is an option we are considering. I’d like to have as few different third party plug ins as I could. Right now that as for how my question was meant, yes I an meaning the database on unbounces side. I’ve seen lots of articles about filtering out duplicates but I want the form to query the database and provide immediate feedback to the user when they hit the submit button if they are already in the database. I’m surprised I haven’t seen more of this request.

Badge +1

ah i see what you mean now @computergeek96
earlier i thought you had a third party lead database. 🤦‍♂️
I havent done this but looks like there was thread on similar topic here 👇

I am tagging @Hristian 💥 in the said thread… maybe he has moved further on this since…

Wouldn’t the database be in unbounce?? That’s what I’m asking if it had those api calls and if there is example for me to learn from.

Badge +1

Hi @computergeek96
Only if your lead database accepts API calls I think…