Solved

Duplicate leads

• 29 January 2011
  • 21 replies

It’d be great if duplicates were filtered out. I have about 6-7 entries with the same IP and email address - a case of ‘that button did not work, lets mash it for a bit’.

I can see some cases where you might want to record duplicates, but something like a filter that disallows duplicate IP/emails within the past hour would be great.

icon

Best answer by Josh_berry-jenkins 17 May 2019, 11:19

View original

21 replies

Hey Tom, that’s a good idea! I guess we could also let you clear specific entries manually…

I had posted a few things similar that were more of a “nice to have” than a need to have… the ability to start flagging or removing specific entries not only makes record keeping easy but also affects the math…

for example- on one of our tests for “requesting an item” the person put in item as “COUCH” and email as “bob@mail.com” - now even WATSON would think that was a qualified conversion, just like he thought toronto was a US city… and i wouldnt blame him… but the owner should have the ability of ultimately deciding which leads to keep, which to filter and more importantly, which to use in the important conversion calculations

That’s a good point Adam! Hadn’t really thought of letting folks tweak their list and having that update the conversion rate info. Hmm…

Duplicates could be a nightmare for a lot of reasons. Most other services have an “already subscribed” page to eliminate duplicate e-mail addresses on the same list.

This is an important feature.

im back on the bandwagon here… you guys are doing a fantastic job, love the new templates and everything else you are doing

this feature would be VERY helpful though- almost the same as how the variants work “delete entry completely or just mark it so it doesnt affect the stats”… i think it could be a huge help and in more than just one scenario

im back… started getting some spam in my albumpl.us landing pages and also now that I have mailchimp working with neighborrow would love to see what my variants scores are for confirmed emails not just entered emails- i cant say how much more helpful that would be!

back again… if i have 10 “conversions” but i know that only 2 of them are legit, id REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY like the ability to just x out the non valuable ones… the new conversion calculation should be able to use the same formula just making a new calc with different data

would be tremendously helpful and as i see it- fairly easy to implement

Evan just joined our team, and he’s working on our analytics and such. This falls under that umbrella. Will link these recent comments into our issue tracker.

The thing that makes it a little tougher to implement is getting the stats correct. It’s possible that 4 of those leads are from one visitor id, and therefore represent only one conversion. Certainly not rocket science, we just need to track a little more info on each lead to make this possible.

A lot of my clients are looking for this kind of service. It could be very useful since we are filtering them manually at the moment -_-

me want this feature
me call fakegrimlock if no get feature

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick update that yesterday we deployed IP Filtering as a feature in the app! Feel free to review the following Unbounce Answers article to learn about the full functionality of this feature (filters for visits, views, and conversions) and how to use it with your Unbounce account:

http://support.unbounce.com/entries/2…

Hello,
we also produce a lot of duplicate leads through unbounce.
We need very urgent a possibility to block duplicate entries!

I see this discussions are now more than a year old - is something happen on this case??

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Wilhelm - the ability to manually delete duplicate leads is still on our road map and it’s behind some larger features, namely: responsive design, script manager, and much improved spam filtering. With that said, if the duplicate entries you’re seeing are spam leads, the filtering should greatly improve that when it’s ready to roll out. We’ll have filtering to catch any automated form fills, as well as autoblocking for any IPs that hammer your form with fills.

We’re still tightening up some things to make sure we don’t end up doing things like filtering legitimate leads accidentally, so we’re looking at a roll out for spam filtering in a month or so.

Hi,

could we alert the user to say “Email already register, please use another email” ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Maxime - right now, there isn’t a way to do that. You can pull stats from your leads database via our API, but there isn’t a way to check that on form submit and then reject the form submission on the fly.

In the very least, Unbounce should have a feature to wash data of duplicates – and also some sort of security against multiple spammed submissions from a single IP point. Our company will now be handling competition landing pages separate to Unbounce due to the fact that there is no support for this very real issue.

Hi guys, how is it that this is still not possible in Unbounce to block by IP or adding some kind of form logic/options?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey Mark, 

It should be possible to write a cookie that would, for example, disable the submit button if the IP of the visitor has made a submission in the last 12h/24h/72h etc.

However, you should be aware that blocking by IP address might have adverse effects depending on your target market. (ex. People in the same office sharing a connection would be blocked for the pre-set amount of time).

If you really need something like the above scenario, you can reach out to me and my company should be able to write it for you.

Best,
Hristian

Also, in theory, you should be able to use a webhook to push your lead’s data to a google spreadsheet. Using that spreadsheet as a DB and querying it with a bit of frontend scripting. If the email is in the spreadsheet/DB, alert the visitor and ask them to provide another one. 

@Hristian do you or anyone else on this page have an example of script that would disable the submit button if the visitor has made a submission in the last 12h/24h/72h?

You could set a cookie on the form confirmation page like such:

<script>
  (function(){

function setCookie(name,value,days) {
    var expires = "";
    if (days) {
        var date = new Date();
        date.setTime(date.getTime() + (days*24*60*60*1000));
        expires = "; expires=" + date.toUTCString();
    }
    document.cookie = name + "=" + (value || "")  + expires + "; path=/";
}
  //Set cookie for 24 hours:
  setCookie('Form_Completed', true, 1);
  })(); 
</script>

You could then have code on the main page that checks onload for the presence of said cookie and fires some code to hide the form, disable the button etc.

<script>
(function() {

function getCookie(name) {
    var nameEQ = name + "=";
    var ca = document.cookie.split(';');
    for(var i=0;i < ca.length;i++) {
        var c = ca[i];
        while (c.charAt(0)==' ') c = c.substring(1,c.length);
        if (c.indexOf(nameEQ) == 0) return c.substring(nameEQ.length,c.length);
    }
    return null;
}

if(getCookie('Form_Completed') == 'true'){
        //Your code goes here...
  };

})();
</script>

Hope that gets you on the right track! 🙂

You could set a cookie on the form confirmation page like such:

<script>
(function(){

function setCookie(name,value,days) {
var expires = "";
if (days) {
var date = new Date();
date.setTime(date.getTime() + (days*24*60*60*1000));
expires = "; expires=" + date.toUTCString();
}
document.cookie = name + "=" + (value || "") + expires + "; path=/";
}
//Set cookie for 24 hours:
setCookie('Form_Completed', true, 1);
})();
</script>

You could then have code on the main page that checks onload for the presence of said cookie and fires some code to hide the form, disable the button etc.

<script>
(function() {

function getCookie(name) {
var nameEQ = name + "=";
var ca = document.cookie.split(';');
for(var i=0;i < ca.length;i++) {
var c = ca[i];
while (c.charAt(0)==' ') c = c.substring(1,c.length);
if (c.indexOf(nameEQ) == 0) return c.substring(nameEQ.length,c.length);
}
return null;
}

if(getCookie('Form_Completed') == 'true'){
//Your code goes here...
};

})();
</script>

Hope that gets you on the right track! 🙂

Hi new user to the community here. Does this still work? Can it easily be copy and pasted into the <head> of the pages you’ve mentioned without changing anything in the code?

We’ve been having a big problem with duplicates, but I have limited coding experience so want to be sure. Thank you!