My lightbox just brings up a 404 page

• 19 October 2016
  • 5 replies

I set up a lightbox on my landing page and added a form to it. Nothing very technical. But when I test it out after publishing it, the lightbox just shows our 404 page.
I’m using our Wordpress integration, does that cause any issues?

Here’s a test page that has the issue:
http://jive.com/lightbox-test-comparison-page/

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Scott_Bowen,

Did you try unpublishing and then republishing the page?
It appears to be some weird issue with your particular WP installation.

Also, make sure your Unbounce WP plug-in is up to date.

You should reach out to the awesome folks at Unbounce Support directly 1.888.515.9161 or support@unbounce.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What are the exact settings you’re using for the lightbox? Are you trying to call another URL within it or just embed an Unbounce form in it?

I have it set to “Show a Lightbox” and the one and only lightbox is selected, containing some text and a form. I’m not pointing to any URL.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Scott_Bowen this definitely sounds like something that Support can help you out with, as much as I’d like to pretend to be an expert, I am not. This situation has been known to happen with Wordpress integrations, and if that’s the case then Support has a ton of knowledge about it and will absolutely sort you out! Let us know how it goes! 😊

Thanks everybody! It looks like it is something to do with the Wordpress integration-- The lightbox works when I change the URL to our subdomain.
I’m working with Unbounce support now-- We’ll get it figured out!