Solved

How to create friendly anchor tags vs. lp-pom-etc?

• 16 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, I have used Unbounce to create a one-page sales page. I have a top menu and buttons that, when clicked, jump down to various sections. The problem is that the URLs are not very user-friendly because the jumps say #lp-pom-image-xx etc. I contacted Unbounce Support to ask if there is a way to hide these IDs and use regular HTML anchors (like “features” “pricing”) but the person who responded said they couldn’t find a way to do that, and suggested that someone here in the community may have a solution.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by tsprinkel 18 January 2021, 15:47

View original

3 replies

Hey @tsprinkel!

Thanks for sharing this solution!

(And sorry that we couldn’t troubleshoot this for you ourselves in support @lori!)

I’ll let the rest of the team over here know so we can share this workaround with other customers!

Thank you - it worked!! I was able to edit the HTML for the text boxes (not images) but that’s good enough. Really appreciate it!

Badge

Double click into the section you want to scroll to, e.g. the pricing section. In the bottom-left corner of your element, there should be an option to View Source. Add in a tag and adjust your button links accordingly.