Solved

How to create friendly anchor tags vs. lp-pom-etc?

• 16 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, I have used Unbounce to create a one-page sales page. I have a top menu and buttons that, when clicked, jump down to various sections. The problem is that the URLs are not very user-friendly because the jumps say #lp-pom-image-xx etc. I contacted Unbounce Support to ask if there is a way to hide these IDs and use regular HTML anchors (like “features” “pricing”) but the person who responded said they couldn’t find a way to do that, and suggested that someone here in the community may have a solution.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by tsprinkel 18 January 2021, 15:47

View original

3 replies

Badge

Double click into the section you want to scroll to, e.g. the pricing section. In the bottom-left corner of your element, there should be an option to View Source. Add in a tag and adjust your button links accordingly.

Thank you - it worked!! I was able to edit the HTML for the text boxes (not images) but that’s good enough. Really appreciate it!

Hey @tsprinkel!

Thanks for sharing this solution!

(And sorry that we couldn’t troubleshoot this for you ourselves in support @lori!)

I’ll let the rest of the team over here know so we can share this workaround with other customers!