[How to] Add an Image/Testimonial Carousel in Unbounce Using A Box Widget

Show first post

241 replies

Hey @Monitoreo_Hauscom!

Sorry for the late reply here! I was able to perform some testings on my page and you’re indeed correct! It seems like the scripts are interfering with each other which means it might not work without tweaking the original code. 😢

I’m wondering if you are still working on this page? If so, please feel free to tag @UnbounceTechTeam moving forward and we will be more than happy to take a look! 😇

– Vicky

Hey @Elvin!

Sorry for this late reply! I’m glad you were able to figure this out in the end!
Rest assured if you need help with anything, please feel free to tag @UnbounceTechTeam and we will be more than happy to take a look! 😇

— Vicky

Hey @Delphine_Kreis!
This is Vicky from the Unbounce Team here - so sorry for this late reply! We will do a better job in the future! 😭
As Jess mentioned in the previous reply, if you need help with anything, please feel free to tag @UnbounceTechTeam and we will be more than happy to take a look!

— Vicky

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Delphine_Kreis @Monitoreo_Hauscom @mfisher @wedobrandshq @abrahmarsi @valenhenai

Hi folks!

I’ve noticed there are still quite a few questions trickling into this thread and I wanted to make sure that you don’t receive crickets here. 🦗

@Rob shared a ton of really helpful scripts and workarounds here in the community when he was on our Support team – and we’re forever grateful! However, he started a new role as a Product Manager several months ago and has since been unable to address all the questions that pop up here in the community.

Don’t worry though! For questions such as these, feel free to tag the @UnbounceTechTeam and one of our Technical Support Coaches can take a look. I’ve looped them into this thread and you should be hearing back from one of them pretty soon!

I do want to mention that these questions tend to take a bit of time to inspect, so I can’t promise an immediate turnaround.

If you need a quicker response, it might be easier to create a new post in the community with a link to your scripts, that way more members of the community can jump in and help out 🙂

Hope this helps! Happy page building!

-Jess

Never mind, it’s working now! Thanks anyway 🙂

@Rob finally got this to work again on another of my Unbounce pages. However, I don’t seem to get the mobile version to work. Should it also be visible and sliding there? Currently, everything is visible permanently on mobile. Any help would be welcome!

Hi @Rob! Thanks for the help, I’m trying to add some slick dots to this carousel, it is that possible and do you know how?

Hello @Rob I have tried the steps according to the instructions in the video, but I find that the image slider isn’t working. Could you give me a hand? here’s the URL for my website https://www.kanebet.online

Your help will be much appreciated, since I’m really looking forward to use this feature.

Thank you

Hello @Rob, I need your little help. It works on the desktop version but not on the mobile. Can you suggest please where I do mistake ? http://get.morningrunner.com/getting-started-click-through-125095/

Is there a way to display more than one image at once/override the part where it layers them all in the middle? Would love to encourage people to scroll by showing a preview of more than one. Thanks for this awesome code!

Hi everyone. I’m trying to implement this carousel and the mobile hamburger navigation menu, both in the same page. The carousel works great but when I tried to add the menu and paste the reference to the jQuery library, the carousel stops working while the navigation menu works well.

It’s possible to have them both working in the same landing page?

This is the jQuery I used for the menu (step 4 of the Mobile Hamburger Navigation Menu tutorial):

Thanks!

Hi @Rob,
I would like my carousel to be able to scroll automatically but also I would like to keep the possibility of scrolling the carousel “manually” by clicking on the buttons.
I tried to modify the code but I did not succeed. How can I do this?
Thank you so much in advance,
Delphine

Hi Rob - I’m a longtime user of this script and absolutely love it. Thank you for solving such a major pain. Unfortunately, I’ve run into an issue that I can’t seem to solve.

My carousel won’t seem to display the first slide first. It keeps showing my second slide:

http://try.outbackteambuilding.com/virtual-team-building-training-covid19/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 6

Hi @aprilm thanks for the kind words! If you’re referring to the nice video tutorial, that was actually put together by my colleague Jon who works on our Customer Support team. I’d have to agree he is very clever 🙂

To answer your question, unfortunately the two versions of the code don’t work together “out of the box” as they say. I have no doubt that it’s possible to combine the functionality, I just haven’t done that in either version of the code so it would require some tweaks. I can’t say when, if ever, I’d be able to make an improvement like that though I’m afraid.

Hi @Rob,

Great tutorial, it’s very clever! I was wondering if there was a way to get best of both worlds and have both auto scroll with the on click buttons as a carousel?

Thank you so much.

Userlevel 6

Hi @PeerHealthExchange sorry for the late reply here. Just had a look at your page and it looks like you’ve got this working now though (under the Let’s Talk: Real Stories section)? Let me know if you’re still having any issues though, happy to take another look for you as soon as I can.

Hi @Rob,
I am also having the same issue as nbanda, but with images. I’ve nested them in the order I want them to appear on our page and still no luck. I also created a new box and nested them in my ideal order and still no luck. I am working on www.peerhealthexchange.org/letstalk. Any advice?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

For anyone who is trying to implement this for the first time, I highly recommend following along with Jon’s video tutorial here:

HI! Is there a way to make the code not work for mobile but leave on for Desktop?

Thanks so much @Hristian!

Hello,

I was wondering, if I have multiple auto carousels, do I need a separate javascript for each one? Or is it possible to have multiple items in one javascript?

Thanks!

Thank you very much, I dont´want to offend you in any way, but can I hire you to fix this as a freelancer?

if not please let me know what I might do 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Alister,

I would start by cleaning out the multiple jQuery libraries and only loading the required one for that script - 2.2.4

Best,
Hristian

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Roberto_Bolanos,

Both scripts are making use of certain effects (fadeIn, fadeOut, etc.) which is causing the break.

I don’t have a fix since I haven’t looked into it much but should be possible to fix given some time to adjust the scripts.

Best,
Hristian

@Hristian thanks for the help, this is my last question on this topic

On this landing page the carousel dissapears when I installed the fading sticky bar script. How can i make both work together?

http://abuelocomodo.com/grua/

Thanks in advance 🙂