[How to] Add an Image/Testimonial Carousel in Unbounce Using A Box Widget

Show first post

241 replies

Hey @Rob, I can’t seem to get the carousel working on my page, and not sure where I’m going wrong. Would you mind taking a look? (Bottom of the page, under “WHAT CUSTOMERS
ARE SAYING”)

http://unbouncepages.com/student-testing/

Any help much appreciated! Thank you.

Cheers,

Alister

thank you really much! works very nice 🙂

Userlevel 6

Hi @Wrik_Sengupta unfortunately I haven’t created a version of this script that combines both the auto and click functionality. Sorry about that! I’m sure it’s possible to combine the two, but would require some Javascript knowledge. If you’re looking for something with more options in terms of controls you might have better luck embedding a third party carousel using the html widget.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Roberto_Bolanos,

You are also calling the script twice. Once to auto-rotate and once with the left/right navigation buttons.

Leave only one of the two.

Best,
Hristian

Hey @Rob I’m having some issues on my page too. Would you give it a quick look?

a) Every time I click the left or right button the images get overlapped

b) Can I put instead of a botton with left/right an image?

Would you have any suggestions?

[http://abuelocomodo.com/slider-13/]

Hey @Rob, Thank you for any quick help.

Hey @Rob The on-click function is good, but I need both, auto swap + on click. Any help pls?

That did it! Thank you so much for the speedy response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @Cassandra_Cassell,

The page seems to have a few variations and only 1 of them has the carousel but that’s not the issue 🙂

1. You have 2 instances of the script. You only need one. Keep the one in the screenshot below but fix the container ID that’s highlighted. Get rid of the other script above it.

1. Both of them are placed in the <HEAD> section instead of the <BEFORE BODY END>.

Fix these 2 things and you should be good to go.

Best,
Hristian

Hey Jess,

I realized it was unpublished! It should be good to go now! Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi Cassandra, I tried taking a look at your link, but it didn’t show up. Did you by chance change the URL?

I’ll keep an eye out 🙂

-Jess

Hey @Rob I’m having some issues getting those left and right buttons to work for me right now. It appears that every time one gets clicked it disappears and the other one reappears (so if I click the left button, the right one shows up!)

Would you have any suggestions?

carousel is at the bottom of the following page which is in progress:
http://unbouncepages.com/cb45fd25-18de-4dde-a246-878c1e9bb17e/

Thanks!

This is good info. Thanks

Rob, thank you so so much!! For your assistance and for your quick reply. I’ll start editing that B version now 🙂 will let you know if anything!
Thanks again, have a great week!

Userlevel 6

@teamvoilasocial Thanks for the link! I had a look and I’ve got it working on the page for you. I created a new variant so as not to make an changes to the original. The script is working now on variant B (its unpublished so you can check it out in preview mode).

I removed a couple of extra instances of the code on the page and moved the jQuery CDN to be in the same “script” as the carousel code. For some reason jQuery was not loading before the carousel code. To be honest I’m not sure why that was happening. Moving the location of the CDN script though did look to solve the issue. Have a look at variant B and it should give you what you need to get it working on the actual page 🙂

Hi Rob,
Of course, thank you so much! Here’s the link. We just started designing it so don’t mind the rest haha.

It’s in the second section, I put your name in red ; ) I got something weird to happen, like two texts on top of each other and both disappear at different times even though they’re both set to 5000ms. I don’t know why.

http://unbouncepages.com/dermafix-austin/

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 6

You caught me at a good time today @JamesN, I had a few minutes to take a look at the pages you linked. It looks like the issue is related to a conflict with different versions of jQuery being called in on the pages.

I’m seeing a console error on the live page

(index):8408 Uncaught TypeError: $(…).fadeIn(…).delay(…).fadeOut(…).promise is not a function

Which is being caused by the .promise() function in the carousel script. Looking a bit closer it appears there are three different versions of jquery being referenced on the page (1.12.4, 1.4.2, and 2.2.4). The last one to load on the page is 1.4.2 though, which appears to be taking precedence. That .promise() function isn’t supported until version 1.6.

Sooo long story short, it looks like jQuery 1.4.2 is what the browser is defaulting to since it’s loading last, and that’s causing an error with the carousel script. Removing that isn’t going to be too difficult though thankfully. You can remove the older versions of jQuery (1.4.2 and 1.12.4) since anything you need in those versions should be covered in 2.2.4

To remove the unneeded versions for jQuery:

• 1.4.2 is located in “Geo IP Lookup” script being applied via script manager. It’s the very top line of the code.

• 1.12.4 is located in the “Auto form fill” script applied on the page level. Same deal, it’s being referenced in the top line of the code.

Try removing the references to the older versions of jQuery and that should resolve the issue for you. You’ll only need/want to ever load a single version. A relatively easy way to do that is to load a single version using script manager and remove any references to other libraries from the individual scripts.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you run into any issues trying to fix this up.

@Rob, thank you for the quick reply. It is possible that some new code has been added. We do have a few people that work on pages and they might have added something.
Some example pages are: https://www.abbyy-flexicapture.com/ and https://www.abbyy-flexicapture.com/for-contracts/

Userlevel 6

Sorry to hear you’re having some issues with the code @JamesN, could you drop a link to one of the pages with the issue here?

Nothing has changed within the script of it’s dependencies that would stop it from working “out of the box”. To confirm that I duplicated the original example page and republished it. The script still works as expected. One thing you could look into would be if any other code has been added to the pages that may be conflicting in some way with this script. So it might be worth checking if anything has been added to the page either via script manager. Code added via Google Tag Manager could also be causing a conflict. I should be able to provide some more help by checking the live page though

Userlevel 6

@teamvoilasocial Could you post a link to the published page with the issue so I can take a closer look and see if there are any errors showing up. One thing to check is to make sure that everything is nested correctly in the builder. This step can be a bit tedious due to how the page builder behaves, so I find opening the “content” tab in the bottom left helps with showing how things are nested. A common issue with the script is the boxes getting nested one level down from the targeted box, which is hard to spot sometimes without that content tab open.

Hello @Rob, I’m having the same issue as above. We’ve had this code implemented on a few of our pages for over a year and it has always worked. Now it’s showing only the first image and no other images once that fades out. Do you have any ideas what could be causing the issue or a possible solution for it?

Hi Rob, my box only shows the first element and then it fades out, and doesn’t show the rest. However, I have 4 boxes with text nested in the original box, and the script is pointing to that original box. How can I fix this?
Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Becky has started a new thread for trouble shooting this for you @aunetra here:

HI @Rob
I’m having an issue with the testimonial carousel. I duplicated another landing page where it works fine, but it doesnt show up at all on this page. https://www.teachzumba.com/zumba1-3/. I changed the script to make sure it is connected to the right pom box, still to no avail. Help please. I’ve tried everything

Userlevel 6

Could you post a link to the page where the code is implemented? It’s helpful for seeing any errors that might be popping up related to possible syntax. Is the code just not working at all or is there something off with the expected results? One thing you can check is to make sure the content is correctly nested in the box you are targeting with the code. This part can be tedious so I recommend opening up the “content” tab in the bottom left of the builder to make sure everything is nested correctly.