[Tips & Scripts] Sticky Navigation Bar For Desktop - The Code Behind Our 2015 Call-To-Action Conference Page

• 16 February 2016
  • 51 replies

Show first post

51 replies

I think this is what you’re looking for. It’s a sticky button, but I think you can link it to do whatever. 

/topics/unbounce-tips-scripts-smart-back-to-top-button

I added some more content to my question.

I added some more content to my question.

Hi Joel I have the same issue. Could you please help me? Kind of a sticky white box is hiding my toolbar. thanks 

Hi @Joel_McDonald & @Noah (I’ve tagged you cause you’re awesome lol),

This Sticky nav bar feature is pretty cool. I’m having a little issue where my nav bar is just under my logo section so when I test the sticky nav feature it ends up cover the logo. Is there a way where the nav bar is sticky once you scroll so that anything above it won’t be covered?

Hope I’ve made sense! Thanks

Here’s a screenshot:

I’m looking to get my mobile nav bar to be static as it is by default, but reappear by sliding down from the top of the screen when the user scrolls back up, or maybe reappear when they stop scrolling longer than say 3 seconds. Is this possible by modifying the above script?

Any feedback or help? @Joel_McDonald @Noah?

Hey there Joel. Same issue here. Can you help?

Hi Reuel,

Do you have a link for this page?

Thanks,

Jack

Make a box inside the menu bar and inside that box drop the logo.

I have this and the mobile Nav working with Noah’s Fixed Fading Sticky Nav code on my page, but I have one little problem: On desktop, when the nav sticks (after scrolling), a second bar appears underneath it when scrolling down. It looks like it’s the overlay from mobile that appears on scroll, and it adds a large white bar under the menu on desktop only. Mobile is fine.

Is there any way to get @Noah’s fixed fading sticky nav to only trigger on mobile, not desktop?

edit:

After tinkering with it for awhile, it would appear that the problem lies in this code:

boxClone.appendTo(boxParent).css(backgroundCSS).children().remove();
(boxToAppend).css(childrenCSS); (boxToAppend + ‘-color-overlay’).appendTo(boxClone).css(colorOverlayCSS);

I’ve managed to get it almost there by disabling the first and last line of code - it gets rid of the second white bar, but makes the mobile bar transparent when I do that.

Any ideas?

Hi all, we’re having issues with our sticky nav. I was curious if anyone could help me pinpoint the problem. When scrolling within the page, the sticky nav works properly. If you interact with the navigation before scrolling, it appears expanded in the sticky nav once you’ve scrolled. When you close the expanded sticky nav, then scroll to the top, the stationary nav is expanded.

If you interact with the sticky nav then scroll to the top, the stationary and sticky navigations act as they should and are not expanded. I have a feeling it’s the code and items need to be renamed for the sticky nav vs. the stationary nav, but if anyone has insight that would be much appreciated!

Our page: http://unbouncepages.com/aed-homepage-mobile/c.html

Hi Joe,
i cant seen the hamburger menu workaround you mentioned. It says the page does not exist. Can you repost that please? thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey Mario! Here’s a link to the hamburger menu workaround. Let me know if this is what you were looking for 🙂

http://landingpage.noahmatsell.ca/mobile-menu/

super thanks Jess.

I could really use some help. I’ve added the javascript code in the code editor. I’ve added a transparent box over all of the elements I would like to stay in the sticky navigation. I reference the box id (#lp-pom-box-302). I have the javascript set to ‘Before Body End Tag’ (I’ve tried them all). Not sure what I could be doing wrong here. I want a sticky nav that will open a lightbox which isn’t an option with Unbounce’s sticky navs.
Any ideas?

I could really use some help. I’ve added the javascript code in the code editor. I’ve added a transparent box over all of the elements I would like to stay in the sticky navigation. I reference the box id (#lp-pom-box-302). I have the javascript set to ‘Before Body End Tag’ (I’ve tried them all). Not sure what I could be doing wrong here. I want a sticky nav that will open a lightbox which isn’t an option with Unbounce’s sticky navs.
Any ideas?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @joesloan93! Can you share with us your url so we can better investigate where you are having an issue.

Make sure you are placing all of the elements into the sticky nav box, not place it “over the elements”.

Hello,

I have added the script and replaced the id by my section id. The sticky header is working but the all element of the header is not showing!

Page link: http://unbouncepages.com/roofing-replacement-page/

Here are the elements: image

Please help me.

Thanks

I see a blue sticky header, is that the correct one?

I have tried a ton of things, but I simply cannot make my nav bar sticky.

Can someone try to help me out with the troubleshooting?

The page is published here: http://borsenlive.dk/bec/

Script looks as following:

<script>

//Fixed Menu (Header or footer) v1.3.1

/**
    * Do not remove this section; it allows our team to troubleshoot and track feature adoption. 
    * TS:0002-13-013
  */

//Replace ID below with your own box ID
  var boxToAppend = '#lp-pom-box-522';

//Set to 'header' or 'footer'
  var headerOrFooter = 'header';

var backgroundCSS = {"position":"fixed", "left":"0", "top":"0px", "bottom":"auto", "width":"100%", "z-index":"899"};
  var colorOverlayCSS = {"position":"fixed", "left":"0", "top":"0px", "bottom":"auto", "width":"100%", "z-index":"auto", "border-style":"none none none none"};
  var childrenCSS = {"position":"fixed", "left":"auto", "top":"0px", "bottom":"auto", "width":"100%", "z-index":"999", "border-style":"none none none none", "border-width":"0px", "background":"none"};

if (headerOrFooter === 'footer') {
    backgroundCSS["top"] = 'auto';
    backgroundCSS["bottom"] = '0px';
    colorOverlayCSS["top"] = 'auto';
    colorOverlayCSS["bottom"] = '0px';
    childrenCSS["top"] = 'auto';
    childrenCSS["bottom"] = '0px';
  }

var boxParent = $(boxToAppend).parent();
  var boxClone = $(boxToAppend).clone()

boxClone.appendTo(boxParent).css(backgroundCSS).children().remove();
  $(boxToAppend).css(childrenCSS);
  $(boxToAppend + '-color-overlay').appendTo(boxClone).css(colorOverlayCSS);

</script>

I am getting a bit desperate here, hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance

Mads

Hello! I’ve followed the instruction of this post, but for some reason the only part of the navigation bar that scrolls with the page are the transparent buttons. So I just have a few random words following along. The script seems to be working, so I’m wondering if I made a mistake somewhere in the set up? Any ideas or tips on how I can get the entire box/header to scroll along with the page? Thank you

Hi Joel,
Can you also help me? I have done everything (not sure it was done correctly…) can you also try to see where I went wrong? this is my page - www.meravstern.co.il
I have only one sticky bar so it’s no problem finding it…
The sticky bar is all over the section with the buttons - and you have to close it to see the buttons. I didn’t understand at all what should be inside the sticky bar page… I put the box and the buttons and the codes - inside my landing page (and nothing realy in the sticky bar page…) is this how I should do it?.. please help… thanks a lot!

Hi, I have also tried a ton of things and my header doesnt stick, can you please share with me your solution?, because I saw your link and I think you solved.

Hi, I have this same issue and I have tried everything, can you please share the solution with me??.