[Tips & Scripts] Mobile Hamburger Navigation Menu

• 29 February 2016
  • 67 replies

Show first post

67 replies

I figured out the problem. Some other jQuery I wrote was interfering somehow with the responsive code.

What do you mean by that? Like what exactly do I have to do so that I get a drop down menu? How to hide my buttons?

When we open the page, the menu is default open. It is covering the hero title of the page. How can I make it default closed? Quick help is appreciated 🆘

hello there, could someone please help me out?

I’ve got my sticky nav bar up, hamburger drop-down done and also checked against the .unbounce file from above - I still can’t figure out why the hamburger drop-down isn’t from the sticky bar.

Here’s the landing page i’ve built: https://discover.cardup.co/personal/every4free/

Badge

Can anyone figure out how we can make it, so that it just goes off when clicked outside of drop down box? Right now, it use to stick even when we start scrolling down the page.

Hello, does anyone know how to add this slider menu functionality to an Unbounce Bottom Sticky Bar?

I’m looking to include a sticky bar pop-up on a page for mobile that once a user clicks on the menu opens up vertically with 3 CTA buttons. Currently the mobile sticky bar only has space for 1 CTA Button, so having a slide up menu from this would be very beneficial.

Thanks!

Hey thanks! Got this to work but I had on scroll animations as well that don’t show up now.

I’m thinking it’s conflicting with the java but don’t know how to break it apart.

I followed all the code for the fixed header and also the drop down menu, so that code is correct.

Here is my code for the onscroll animation.

Any suggestions?

Just want to say thank you and thank you for providing your burger menu template as an example. Without it I would not have had understood how to implement this

Hey @Greg_Babb… How did you fix this? I’m getting the same issue, where a user clicks the hamburger menu, then it just keeps ‘scrolling’ along with them until they click the menu again… also, due to the fixed location of the script, if they scroll at all at the beginning, it will throw off the location of the menu!
Capture2 Capture

Badge

Hey guys, I have created a collapsible mobile menu. Check Details here.

Hey everyone! Thanks a lot for the contributions!
The hamburger menu works fine, but it only displays centered on 320 px screens; when I try on my own mobile device, it is positioned to the left of the page, while my toggle button is on the right.
I’ve tried replacing ‘left’ with ‘right’ in the CSS, but the menu doesn’t appear anymore when I do so.
Any tips?
Thank you!!
Below is my CSS:

#lp-pom-box-999{ display: none; position: fixed; top: 60px; right: 0px; right-margin: 0px; z-index:999; }

I actually solved my own problem. It took me way longer than I would have liked but…
Here is the updated CSS:

#lp-pom-box-999{
display: none;
position: fixed;
top: 60px;
right:0px;
margin: 0 auto;
margin-right: 0px;
z-index:999;

Hey Noah, that is awesome feature!

I managed to implement it in conjunction with the fading fixed header ([Tips & Scripts] Fading Fixed Header)

Everything seems to work fine, I have two headers in mobile, (consequence of the fading fixed header) and in each of them I have a menu “image” and have a Java Script calling each image to call the box of the mobile hamburger.

The only problem I have, seems like a conflict, is: when I click the image in the header, it calls the box where the mobile menu is (correctly), when I click a button it navigates to the correct page section then it closes the menu and opens it again. I don’t want to have it opened again. This is my only issue.

Do you know if this could be a easy fix?

Here is the website if you want to take a look: https://www.libpartners.com.br/

Thank you so much!

So I couldn’t get the mobile menu to close off of a hover, but I got it to at least stay with the header when scrolling. Changed the css position to relative:

#lp-pom-box-916{ display: none; position: relative; top: 130px; left: 0%; margin-left: 0px; z-index:9999; }

When I follow the steps exactly, and even try to us the template, all that appears in my nav bar is a white box with nothing in it. After publishing, it removes everything and is just white. Any help is appreciated

Badge

Hello,

Is there a way for this to work as a Dropdown button on a desktop i.e “Top buttom” will have a dropdown nav as well.

Thanks,
LP

Badge

Hello,

Need help please…..I’m having issue on the mobile version for the hamburger nav. The nav doesn’t behave the way I want it. Every time I click on the drop down it automatically close instead of opening the sub nav for “Breakfast”

http://www.metrodetroitvenues.com/menu-guide-1

Thanks in advance...