Question

ReCaptcha v2 Troubles

• 17 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi!

I have this about 93% of the way completed, but I’m admittedly not a developer, nor do we have one on staff currently. I hope that someone can tell me what tiny step I’m missing to get this sucker up and working.

In the last month, one of our forms has been attacked by robots filling out fake information (like first name = wjnez) throwing off our stats heavily and causing our call center to chase a lot of wild geese.

Here is what I have loaded in our script manager currently:

<html>
  <head>
    <title>reCAPTCHA demo: Simple page</title>
     <script src="https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js" async defer></script>
     <script>
       function onSubmit(token) {
         document.getElementById("demo-form").submit();
       }
     </script>
  </head>
  <body>
    <form id="lp-pom-form" action="?" method="POST">
      <button class="g-recaptcha" data-sitekey="XXredactedXX" data-callback="onSubmit">Submit</button>
      <br/>
    </form>
  </body>
</html>

I went in and updated my buttons to have the class of "g-recaptcha" and made sure to pull the form id into the script as well. The script is located in the head of the page per google’s implementation site.

Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated. I feel like I have hit a wall.

Thanks!

1 reply

Hi @improveitusa, Theo here from the Unbounce Support team. 

I want to chime in here to let you know that another option for adding reCAPTCHA to your landing pages is to add a form such as Wufoo or JotForm. Both of which Unbounce has native integrations with and come with the ability to add reCAPTCHA. You can find our documentation for adding Wufoo form here, and a JotForm here.

Regarding your custom code, the Unbounce Community is pretty active so hopefully someone sees your message and is able to take a look at it and help out!