[How to] Create a Typed Text Effect In Unbounce

• 30 January 2017
  • 90 replies

Show first post

90 replies

(Edited) I couldn’t get this to work, but it turned out I just didn’t have jQuery enabled. Thanks to LeeAnn from the Unbounce team for figuring that out! Leaving this here in case someone else gets stuck for that same reason.

Same here. Can you update this effect while we have a form on the page?

Same here. It would be great to have this js running smoothly on a page with a form

Hi, were you ever able to get the two to work simultaneously?

Thanks!

Hello!
First of all, thank you very much Noah for all your scripts!

My question is: does anybody know why when I use this script along with other animation scripts (like this “onScroll Animations”: [Tips & Scripts] On-Scroll Animations), the onScroll animation script stops working? Is it because this typed text effect script somehow prevent the other from working because there is something interfering? No idea 😅

Thank you!
Miriam

Same thing happened to me. Did you figure out a way to get around this?

Remove the Jquery from the typed-text effect. See if that works. It worked for me.

Hey unbounce community! I am having issues implementing this to my page.
Can someone tell me where I’m going wrong?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @Elliott1,

The placement of the script is wrong and you are also missing jQuery by the looks of it.

Start with these two things and if you are still running into issues, I would download the template from the original post above and compare it piece by piece to your own page, until you find out what’s missing.

Best,
Hristian

OMG thank you Noah, i´ve been trying to make this work for quite a while now, and this finally fixed it. I was just about to give up. The problem in my case was, that while the effect worked, it would not show up in the right font/size/color. Exchanging the ID finally did the Trick 🙂

Hi,
Would love to implement this script.
But can’t find how to “view source” for the text box or any other element on the page.
This button doesn’t exist…

To remove the Jquery just remove this entire line from the typed.Js code:

script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js" type=“text/javascript”></script

Anyone have a clue how to get this function to execute on the scrolling of a specific div?

Badge

Hello all 🙂
Can we change the color of the cursor? Thank you 🙂