[How To] Add A Multi-Step Form 2.0

Show first post

224 replies

Hi Guys,

I had previously been using this script and it had been working really well. Today there was a notification in Unbounce that they had implemented a new feature to allow the creation of horizontal form fields. The notification also hinted that this might effect some forms from working.

The multi step forms still appear to be working on my existing landing pages however if I create a new variant using this multi step form script it doesn’t seem to work anymore. Any one else having the same issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey!

What are you seeing? It just checked one of our pages that we built the other day and it seems to be working fine here.

Badge +1

Hi all!

Unfortunately, one thing has been holding me back with this script.

I can’t used ‘drop-down’ fields in the form unless it is the very last question. Is there a solution to this? It’d be much appreciated!

Hey @Noah - nice script. I’m attempting to add this to a page where we’ll collect more info from list subscribers, and the form we’re creating has many fields. With it being so long, it’s caused the page to load past the boundaries that we’d like, because the form’s length is long.

Is there a way we can have this multi-step form on a page without the page needing to be longer than the form? Appreciate any help you could provide!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Noah Thanks for the wonderful script. I have seen huge number of people asking for Multiple fields
most probably Name, Email and Phone Number to be displayed in one step. Is there something you could think of to make this happen?

I would be really happy to see a new script to have such functionality because one script will resolve a problem for hundreds of people.

Can you please let me know?

I’ve got a question which @mike22rtn touched on …displaying a group of questions (like maybe a fieldset or something).
While a Conversation Form would be my first choice, this Multi-Step for (with progress bar) is a very close second.

Has @Noah or anyone discovered a way to display multiple questions at once?

Here’s the use case.
We need the visitors height in inches.
Obviously, people would rather enter feet and inches, and just have us do the math for them.

We would LOVE to do so, but I’m not seeing an easy way to achieve that.
What is an easy (user friendly) way to collect two related fields at once with the Multi-step form?

Userlevel 2
Badge

For all the community member, i have been able to alter the code and achieve the functionality of displaying multiple fields in one step.
So if you would like me to help you with your code, you can drop me an email at ‘reckless.sam@gmail.com’ with

Subject -> Multi Step Form -Community Unbounce

I will help you with the code at a very nominal price, because based on the fields the code will have to be updated.

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you.

Hey

Can someone tel me how to add the progress bar like the demo it isnt showing on my page

Thank you

hey ands,
any luck finding solution for this ?

@Noah, any update on having more than one field show in a given step???

Joe

Hey Noah!

Will save all user data after submiting the buttom?

Wondering this as well, any updates?

Aweome, thank you so much for this, checked the demo and looks just like what we need, will try to implement it later today 😃

Hi! Thanks for this. I’ve got it installed and it looks great! It did not like being inside a lightbox and had to be on the main page, which is fine for my purpose.

One minor issue: I have 9 questions with 3 steps. Only on the last step is the question text at a fixed width and spilling over into the form field. I poked around to where I can adjust this width and am left stumped. Can you help?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Marissa_Rustici!

Glad it is almost working for you!
Could you please send me a screenshot of Multi Step 2 script and message me a link to your webpage? Just want to check a few things before I assume a fix!

Thanks, @Caroline .
Here’s the URL

https://www.sharperselling.com/bathroom-remodel/

And the script

Hey

Just tried setting it up, it works great 😃

The 1 issue i’m having though is that if any of the fields are required or have validation, it breaks the form steps - wont allow you to continue or go back, will just show error instead.

My form fields are:
-building type (house, apartment, etc.)

• size (in square meters)
  • name
  • email
  • phone

If i do “name email phone” as required fields i get errors before even getting to that part:

Ever encountered that before? What part of JS must i be checking to fix that?

Thanks 🙂

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @TilenK!

Could you message me your url?
I can take a look at it later this afternoon.

Thanks!

@Caroline This is pretty awesome. I’m trying it out with a sandbox form to get a feel for the script etc.

I noticed in the code you have line 14 lp.jQuery('#progress-bar').hide(); when I changed it to show I got 3 numbers. Is there some styling that I’m missing or is this not the kind of progress bar I am thinking about?

I’m going to try and apply some inline validation and error handling to the form… wish me luck!

Joe

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Joe_Savitch!

One of my coworkers added that on and used it for one of our clients. I have never personally used it. I can look into it more when I get a chance! 🧐

@Noah First I have to say that this form code is amazing and I use it all the time. However, I have recently run into an issue.

Is there any way to hide the form overflow? My current landing page is only one short section and my form is quite a few questions. This creates an enormous white footer below my content section to accommodate the rest of the hidden form questions. So again, is there any way to hide the form overflow so this doesn’t happen? Any help solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Never mind, I solved the problem. If anyone else is curious to the solution just set a height/max height to the form fields container element. This contained the form within my content area and had no negative effects on its function.

Amazing work with the script @Caroline. I have a question though, is there a way to separate the next button and the submit button in a sense that I want to increase the width and move one of them but not affect the other one?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi, @Mysticadder!

Thank you! If you need to style the buttons individually, you can do so in the CSS. Below are the two button elements that you can edit to your liking:

.multistep .lp-pom-button{
  		position: relative !important;
  		top: 0 !important;
  		width: 60% !important;
  		display: inline-block !important;
  		float: right;
      	letter-spacing: 2px !important;
      	font-weight: 700 !important;
    	text-transform: uppercase !important;
		}

.multistep .lp-pom-button.back-button{
 		margin-right: 0;
  		float: left;
  		opacity: 0.7 !important;
  		background-color: #f1f1f1 !important;
      	color: #636363 !important;
  		width: 35% !important;
  		letter-spacing: 2px !important;
      	font-weight: 700 !important;
    	text-transform: uppercase !important;
		}

Hope that helps!

Hi, @Caroline

Sorry I wasn’t clear enough with the question. I have removed the back button from the script since I don’t need it for what I am currently working on. The 2 buttons I want to make changes to are the next button and then the submit form button.

You can see the form here http://unbouncepages.com/king-remodeling-front-door/

So basically when I click the “Next Step” button and get to the second part of the form I want to change the width and position of the “Request a Quote” button to better fit the form since currently it just doesn’t work good.

If you know a quick fix for this I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your time.