Where did i go wrong with my website ?

• 19 February 2018
  • 1 reply

It gives me great pleasure to send my greetings to all of you.

I need an advice/feedback how I can improve my site: jezasoft.com

For example, visual hierarchy, interlocution of elements, from a marketing perspective.

Thank you

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Yaroslav,

Thanks for sharing your website with us. Here’s some feedback for you:

1. Overall, the page design is very nice. I like your use of white space and your use of high-contrast call-to-action buttons that really stand out. Great job on that.

2. If you’re using this page as a landing page for a paid media campaign, I’d recommend removing the social media links at the top, and any links that take people off-page that are not absolutely essential.

3. It took me a while to figure out what you do, beyond making digital simpler. That is a very catchy, but very broad phrase. I’d try to use something more specific for your headline and subheadline. You want people to immediately know what you do and how you can help them.

4. Regarding the copy throughout the page, if you’re going after a native-English speaking audience, you’ll want to get the copy edited by an expert English copywriter. There are some phrases and word choices on the page that were slightly hard to understand. I still got the main idea, but there are better ways to say certain things. For example, “Here, you want to develop entirely from scratch.” Instead, I’d try something like “You’re looking to develop a web app from scratch.” Small details like this might not seem like a big deal, but to a native English audience, they can make or break your campaign.

5. Your “Portfolio.pdf” is very nice, but it would be better if it was displayed on-page, rather than taking someone off-page to the PDF. If you create a portfolio section, you can embed a few of those screenshots on the page. That would probably look pretty nice.

6. The team section doesn’t really do much for the page. Sure, it’s great to display your team on your “about” page, but typically you wouldn’t see a section like this on a landing page or homepage. However, if you reposition it to be about the visitor, by saying something like “Our team is here to support your e-shop, 24/7,” it might work. The idea is to make sure that everything on your page tells your visitor “what’s in it for them.”

7. The contact form at the bottom can probably be improved to look more appealing. Try encapsulating it in a box to call more attention to it. Also, maybe try different headlines on the form that explain what I get if I fill it out. Do I get a free consultation? When will someone get back to me? Think of the questions someone may ask when filling it out.

8. One element that is missing on your page that would be nice to add are some “trust logos.” These could be logos of clients you’ve worked with, or certifications/affiliations for your company. They add trust and credibility to the page.

I hope you find these tips useful. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.