[Tips & Tricks] Supercharged Copy & Paste

• 18 June 2015
  • 7 replies

:spinbounce: DISCLAIMER: Updated on April 2, 2020 BY @Jess

Copy and Paste: This feature enables you to copy and paste elements between content in your account. Yes, that means you can copy and paste an element from one page or Popup to another! Easy peasy. Below are some important notes about using this feature:

Copying page elements:

• You can select an element to copy either by clicking the Copy icon, or by using the CTRL+C command on your keyboard.
  • You can multi-select elements by holding the “Shift” key and selecting items to be copied. The more the merrier!

Pasting page elements:

• The copied item can be pasted either by clicking the Paste icon, or by using the CTRL+P command on your keyboard.
  • If you’d like to reproduce elements between different accounts/clients , your best bet is to do one of the following:
  1. Open the Unbounce Builder twice, in two tabs within the same browser window. Log in to each account in its respective tab, and copy the Builder element you wish to duplicate from one tab to the other.
    or:
  2. Download the page from one account and upload it to the new account. Note that this method is not available for Popups.

Original post from June 18, 2015

Hi folks!

Recently we released an awesome little feature called copy & paste to save you time and effort when creating landing pages. What you might not know is that we baked in a lot of extra functionality to make this feature even more powerful.

Let’s start with the basics. The copy and paste buttons are stationary at the top of the page builder.

But just like copy & paste on most desktop applications, you can quickly copy an element in the builder by simply pressing ctrl + c (windows) or cmd + c (mac). To paste it, use the shortcut ctrl + v (windows) or cmd + v (mac).

You can copy pretty much anything in the Unbounce page builder, including:

Single Objects
Multiple Objects
Page Sections

You can also copy/paste:

• Text
  • Images
  • Buttons
  • Boxes
  • Multiple Objects
  • Grouped Elements
  • HTML Boxes
  • Video Widgets
  • Social Widgets
  • Forms

But that’s not all.

The absolute best part about copy & paste is that it works across pages, and across tabs. That’s right! You can copy something from one page , and paste it into another page on a different tab

Copy & Paste Between Pages/Tabs:
This has already saved us countless hours when building pages internally. Not only can you copy and paste complete page sections, but you can also copy complete forms as well. That means no more rebuilding your complex forms from scratch. Woo-hoo!

Have you used the copy/paste between pages yet?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Oh yes, love this feature!! Especially copying entire Page Section! Woot woot!!

We use all copy, paste, duplicate features extensively - it’s a huge time saver. Well done, Unbounce!

This feature saved me A LOT of hours! Well done.

Hi Unbounce, this is a great tool! I was wondering if there was a way to copy/paste sections across different accounts? Here in my company each event has a dedicated account, but a lot of our campaigns are about the same things. It would be great, and save us loads of time, to be able to copy sections from one account to another (I tried using one account in Chrome and another in Firefox but this does not seem to allow the copy/pasting :()

I’m not having any trouble copy and pasting a single object on Unbounce, but I am having trouble copying multiple objects on one landing page. Any tips for selecting multiple objects? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Nadia - simply hold “shift” as you are selecting your elements 😉

Great feature!