DISCLAIMER: Updated on April 2, 2020 BY @Jess
Copy and Paste: This feature enables you to copy and paste elements between content in your account. Yes, that means you can copy and paste an element from one page or Popup to another! Easy peasy. Below are some important notes about using this feature:
Copying page elements:
- You can select an element to copy either by clicking the Copy icon, or by using the CTRL+C command on your keyboard.
- You can multi-select elements by holding the “Shift” key and selecting items to be copied. The more the merrier!
Pasting page elements:
- The copied item can be pasted either by clicking the Paste icon, or by using the CTRL+P command on your keyboard.
- If you’d like to reproduce elements between different accounts/clients , your best bet is to do one of the following:
- Open the Unbounce Builder twice, in two tabs within the same browser window. Log in to each account in its respective tab, and copy the Builder element you wish to duplicate from one tab to the other.
- Download the page from one account and upload it to the new account. Note that this method is not available for Popups.
Original post from June 18, 2015
Recently we released an awesome little feature called copy & paste to save you time and effort when creating landing pages. What you might not know is that we baked in a lot of extra functionality to make this feature even more powerful.
Let’s start with the basics. The copy and paste buttons are stationary at the top of the page builder.
But just like copy & paste on most desktop applications, you can quickly copy an element in the builder by simply pressing ctrl + c (windows) or cmd + c (mac). To paste it, use the shortcut ctrl + v (windows) or cmd + v (mac).
You can copy pretty much anything in the Unbounce page builder, including:
You can also copy/paste:
- Multiple Objects
- Grouped Elements
- HTML Boxes
- Video Widgets
- Social Widgets
But that’s not all.
The absolute best part about copy & paste is that it works across pages, and across tabs. That’s right! You can copy something from one page , and paste it into another page on a different tab.
Copy & Paste Between Pages/Tabs:
This has already saved us countless hours when building pages internally. Not only can you copy and paste complete page sections, but you can also copy complete forms as well. That means no more rebuilding your complex forms from scratch. Woo-hoo!
Have you used the copy/paste between pages yet?