Testimonial slider for mobile that can be swept left/right?

• 26 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello All!
I have used this on-click slider for my landing page: [How to] Add an Image/Testimonial Carousel in Unbounce Using A Box Widget and it works great on my desktop version.
However on my mobile version I’d like to be able to swipe left/right (with my fingers) instead of having to click on a button to go from one testimonial to the next. This slider doesn’t seem to have that option. Do you have a solution or code to add here? Or maybe recommend another slider that can do what I need?

Can you help me?
Thank you!

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Ana_Morra anything is possible with some custom code. However, I would not recommend using sliders on mobile. They tend to slow down pages, they can impact SEO and conversion rates. And often they do not translate well. Of course, this is just my recommendation. There are plenty of creative solutions to handling alternatives for your mobile version.

That being said, if it is an absolute must for whatever reason, it could be done.

Happy to chat more about this.

Hello @digibomb ! Thank you for the answer 🙂
I wanted this particular slider just for a few client testimonials, it’s not supposed to be the most important part of the landing page. Since it’s going to be a lp where you land after clicking on an Ad, I’m not worried so much about SEO.
I’ve been working on it and found this one https://swiperjs.com/demos . With some CSS and after a few tweaks it looks great and works just fine.
I’ll take your advice into account for my future projects! Thank you very much!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

No worries. I’m glad it worked out for you.

Swipers is very cool 😉

Yeah! 👍

Thanks for sharing @Ana_Morra

This is going to be handy to me for exactly the same reasons.

No problem! I’m glad it will be useful to you too!
😁