Looking for landing page feedback for Velo hand dryers website

• 25 August 2019
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve?

Generating sales leads

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?

Google adwords

3: What is your conversion goal?

Either call, sale or quote customer

4: Paste a link to your published landing page / popup: 👇

http://www.velohanddryers.com.au/page/hand-dryers/
http://www.velohanddryers.com.au/page/velo-triblade-ionshield-hand-dryer/
http://www.velohanddryers.com.au/page/velo-fusion-hand-dryer/

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

It looks like you’e got really good products, which is the most important thing. And most of what you need to have really high converting pages is there. I think you just need to rework some things.

First, I would narrow the focus of these pages.Your main CTA is to get a catalog, and right below that you have a promo code for purchases. Then you have individual products with buy now buttons. It’s a bit confusing from a UX standpoint.

The main headline doesn’t really tell me anything either. What does world’s smartest hand dryers mean? How are they smart? Does it have a voice assistant like Siri? Can it access the Internet? What is the biggest benefit?

I think your main selling point is on the page, but it’s buries toward the bottom. The quantifiable savings are the most compelling benefit for most businesses. I would lead with that. And I would move the calculator up the page higher.

On the first page you list (where there are several products), I would do more to differentiate them. Too many options can cause paralysis by analysis. Help guide them to the best options for their particular needs. I know you have the selector form at the bottom, but that kind of gets lost. It would also be better if the person could select multiple options at once. And it would be helpful if the results displayed in a way that made it easier to compare the selections. Is there a way to apply the logic to the main layout to sort that way or put the results in a comparison grid?

For the product-specific pages, I would lose the general why Velo pitch at the top and make it all about the specific product you’re selling. I don’t know what your ad strategy is for these, but if you’re targeting competitor brand names, I would start right with the comparison at the top, so that the logic tracks seamlessly from the ad to the landing page.

You could probably streamline the shopping process. Instead of leading people to what is essentially a search page with the same products in different colors, why not send them to a single page for the product they are interested in and have them select the color from that?

I noticed a couple of typos and inconsistencies. For instance, you claim 85% savings in running costs vs. traditional driers in one spot and 70% in another. And one of the bullet points is missing an s in the word class. It’s always a good idea to have someone give these a thorough proofread to catch those types of things.

Last, but definitely not least, you need to punch up those product descriptions to add context and meaning. Any company could claim their product is fast, affordable or efficient, because they are relative terms. Give specifics. Instead of saying it’s energy efficient, tell people the specific amount of energy it takes compared to similar products. Expand on one of the fastest driers in its class by giving specific speeds and what it means to them. And so on.

Best of luck!

Hi Sean,

Thanks so much for your detailed review of the landing pages. Really appreciate it and your comments make a lot of sense.

Are you on Upwork? How much do you charge for your copyright services?

Best,
Sam

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Sam.

My pleasure. I’m glad you found it helpful.

I think I might have created a profile for Upwork years ago, but to be honest, I don’t really use the site. While I’m not prohibitively expensive, I compete more by providing value than offering the lowest price.

I’d be happy to provide a quote for any projects you need. Feel free to shoot me an email at sean@seankirbycopy.com with the details so I can get a sense of the scope, objectives,etc. Or if you prefer, we can set up a call to discuss it.

Best,

Sean