Landing Page Feedback - Low Convertion Rate

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve?
I am promoting cooking experiences in Rome

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
Yes I am driving traffic through Facebook and Google Ads

3: What is your conversion goal?
Lead

4: Provide a link to your published landing page / convertable:
ex. https://experiences.fabiolouscookingday.it

4 replies

Hey Renato!

Would you mind dropping me a message and explain a little about your product and how you are currently doing on conversion? I’d love to help.

Speak soon 🙂

I think your messaging needs some work. Discover our experiences is too passive. You aren’t creating any sense of urgency. The colors are a little uninviting, especially the brown overlay behind the button.

For the messaging, i’d use a headline like “When in Rome… learn to cook!” (or some variation of that), and for the button copy I’d use something like “Future Chefs Enter Here”.

Honestly that’s just random copy off the top of my head. But i’m hoping it gives you some ideas to increase the enthusiasm, energy and personality of the page.

Userlevel 4

@Renato_Nobilio
I am still a beginner at landing page design, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I think the main header is way too busy. It looks like you have 3 headlines to the page and a one really long sub-headline.

I am not a big fan of the color combo. Especially the blocks on the main page. I like the video, the video tells me more about the service than the words, I would just remove the yellow and tan blocks at the top and keep the “You Cant Miss it in Rome" with the background video.

That first CTA is a weirdly worded. I know Discover is a powerful word, but maybe you can re-word it? “Discover Historic Rome”. Since this CTA just takes you down the page, maybe changing it to something like “Learn More” would be more appropriate to that action that takes place.

The second section throws me off color wise. Maybe scrap the green and make it the same red as the logo?

Also, I don’t like the sharp edges of the boxes, I feel like having rounded corners is a more modern design.

The reviews section: I think the photo file is low res. Maybe try increasing the quality or just write out the review and insert the 5 stars.

The form: Again, I’m not a big fan of the sharp edges. Also, I feel like it doesn’t ask enough questions, do you want to know the persons name?

As a consumer, I don’t know what will happen if I put my details in the form? Are you going to give me more info? Are you going to reach out to me at a later date? Am I booking a tour? What am I doing by filling out this form and that can I expect after I give you my information?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Visually, I think the page looks great.

The main thing I see that could be hindering conversions is the CTA. The button in the hero area is really vague. You’re asking people to click, but not giving them a reason to do so. And it gives no clue what will happen if they do click it. Get specific.

The CTAs on the individual packages are a little better, since they let people know what to expect by clicking on the, but Get More Info is pretty boring. See if you can come up with something that’s going to get them excited to click.

I would also repeat the CTA at the bottom. It kind of ended abruptly and you’re missing another opportunity to move people forward in the buying process.

I also notice that there are multiple steps and pages to the conversion. You might want to test whether cutting that down would make a difference. You could put info about each package on the page and and make that a selection on the booking form. I would also look at your analytics and see how many are clicking though and where they drop off. That might give you some more ideas to test. Another option would be to make each package its own landing page.

One final thought: these are all for locations in Italy, but it looks like the page is in English. Maybe you have something programmed that translates it based on location? Or perhaps your trying to attract tourists? I think they would only be good prospects if they already had a trip to Rome planned. Just some things to think of with your ad targeting and messaging.

Best of luck!