Issues with Screen Recorders & Heat Maps with iOS14

I’m currently using luckyorange.com to create site recordings and heat maps for my unbounce pages. Unbounce + luckyorange was a great combo for me to optimize my pages.

I recently launched a new campaign and have been testing with FB ads + unbounce + luckyorange.

Sadly, I’ve noticed far fewer recordings/heatmaps than before. Prior to January (last time I monitored & tested) I typically had a 1 to 1 view to recording rate. It was probably close to 9.5/10 visits to recordings.

Has anyone noticed similar issues? Is there a feature in unbounce that would allow me to get this same data w/out having to use a third-party tool? I feel like the cross-site data sending is what’s luckyorange from doing it’s job. It’s my understanding with the new data privacy apple has enabled, cross-site data usage is blocked or more restricted.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there!

Have you reached out to Lucky Orange? We use Hotjar and haven’t had any issues with recordings at this time (pre and post iOS14.5).

Thanks for the info.

I installed hotjar last night. Overnight I had ~15 more visits and only got 2 recordings. LuckyOrange picked up the same number.

I like to use the heatmaps to better understand what content resonates. Thoughts on other options for this? Maybe there is an unbounce feature I’m unaware of that would help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unbounce does not have a heatmap feature built-in (although this sounds like a great idea).

How much traffic is your landing page receiving?

Just started running ads to the page Tuesday. Seeing about ~45-50 views a day.

and I should note. I’m not 100% certain this is ios14 issue. Just an assumption