Increasing Conversions, Try New Variant/Design?

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve?
We have received a reasonable amount of traffic from this landing page at 170 visitors over the past five weeks, however none of the visitors clicked through to our booking page. We are trying to influence the traffic to click through reserve a property. The format of the landing page is based off the Loft (Lightbox) theme.

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
Google Ads Smart Campaign

3: What is your conversion goal?
The three goals set on the page are clicking the Call-To-Action Buttons, [View Availability], [View Property], or [Reserve This Property]. As a rental website, the ultimate aim is for the landing page to channel traffic through to the booking page of the website and ultimately complete a booking. Since its a luxury property, perhaps we should remove the nightly pricing from the landing page and until the user clicks through to the booking page.

4: Provide a link to your published landing page / convertable:
ex. http://www.landingpage.com/

https://www.thewinestay.com/private-wine-country-retreat/

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Wow, Stephen, this is a really great landing page! I have a sudden urge to travel to Tuscany 🍷

It’s very well put together and by the looks of it, whoever designed this knew what they were doing. There are a few things that would be worth trying to see if it boosts your CR.

1. The Check Availability button should be the primary CTA, have you considered having a sticky nav follow the visitor as they scroll? You can either do that with this workaround, or with Sticky Bars.
  2. Personally, when I’m travelling, I’m far more likely to stay somewhere where I can read reviews from others who have stayed there. Social proof can do wonders, even if it’s just a couple of quotes pulled from AirBNB. I like the “superhost” badge at the bottom, but having some words from guests could help provide a little bit of extra incentive.
  3. Running A/B tests (if you aren’t already) might help to distinguish which CTA performs better, if it’s “check availability” or “book now”, that might provide some insight into your audience.

I’ll leave the traffic questions to the Experts, but otherwise this is looking VERY sharp! I imagine this isn’t your first landing page. 🙂

Keep up the good work, let me know if you’ve any questions.

-Jess

Appreciate the praise on the design, Jess. I am a Wordpress Designer with experience building web pages, however these are my first landing pages built using the Unbounce editor. I appreciate the three suggestions. I will be adding the Sticky Bars, uploading two reviews per property for social proof, and A/B Testing a new variant/design for each property page now. Very interested to see how these changes affect page interaction. Hope this post is helpful for other community members that are new to Unbounce!

Cheers,
Stephen