How would i track conversion on a Thank You page?

• 24 February 2013
  • 8 replies

I’m looking into using unbounce for my landing pages.

There will be a form widget embeded on the landing page on unbounce, when a visitor fills and submits the form, he/she is redirected to a thank you page. (Not a wufoo form, its a custom made form)

Is there a script that i can add to the Thank you page to track conversions?

8 replies

Hi John,
We do have conversion script that you can place on your thank you page, you can find it over here: http://support.unbounce.com/entries/3…

so i have to add the external tracking script to the thank you page.

What if the landing page and the Thank you page are not on the same domain?

Can i have the landing page on landingpage.com, the thank you page on domain2.com/thankyou and add an iframed page(containing the tracking code) on the thank you page

The purpose of the iframe is for the code to be on the same domain as the landing page. is this possible?

so i have to add the external tracking script to the thank you page.

What if the landing page and the Thank you page are not on the same domain?

Can i have the landing page on landingpage.com, the thank you page on domain2.com/thankyou and add an iframed page(containing the tracking code) on the thank you page

The purpose of the iframe is for the code to be on the same domain as the landing page. is this possible?

Hi John,
To be honest, I’m not 100% sure if that will work. Yes, the conversion tracking script does need to be on the same domain (different sub-domain is ok) as your landing page. Iframes present some issues with cookie tracking though, so there’s a good chance this won’t work.

If you’re able to, I would suggest just trying it. Sorry I don’t have a more definite answer for you.

is there another way of doing this? perhaps a tool, service or an integration?

you could do it through google analytics, with out a problem
setting the the GA code on both pages and
setting up the thank you page as a goal.
you would then tag the form with the proper UTM fields

Link no longer applies

Userlevel 6

here you go @Rich_S! http://documentation.unbounce.com/hc/en-us/articles/203879180-Setting-Conversion-Goals#content2