[How-to] Create Horizontal Forms in Unbounce

• 15 November 2016
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
  • Former Community Manager @ Unbounce
  • 831 replies

Update from the Unbounce Team! :spinbounce:
We’ve officially launched horizontal forms natively within the page builder! No more workarounds or custom scripts! Just drag, drop and convert! Click here for more details.

giphy

Click here for the old workaround

🚨
This is not an official Unbounce feature. This functionality is based entirely on third party code, and has only been tested in limited applications. Since this isn’t a supported Unbounce feature, our support team will be unable to assist if things go awry. So if you are not comfortable with HTML, Javascript and CSS, please consider consulting an experienced developer.

Step 1.

Copy the following script provided by the ever so talented @Mark_Wainwright (remember to expand it so that you don’t just get the truncated version!)

https://gist.github.com/markwainwright/9338233

Step 2.

Paste the script into your Javascripts tab:

Step 3.

Save the changes you’ve made. Be sure to Preview before you Publish. Once the Javascript is applied to your page, hey presto! Your forms are side by side! As you’ll see in the .gif below, your form may need some re-alignment.

Step 4.

Profit!

Wait don’t go! There are some important things to note:

• If your form is bound in a box (much like the form seen in the .gifs above) the box must be wide enough to accomodate 2 fields side by side. If the box is not wide enough, the changes will not appear when you Preview your page.

• As you may have already noticed, you won’t be able to view the changes in the builder, the changes will only appear when you Preview and/or Publish your page.

• Horizontal forms will not appear in mobile, which works in your favour as a horizontal form will appear very small in a mobile browser.

Alright, that’s it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRAFfjOYp6E

Can’t see the instructions? Log-in or Join the Community to get access immediately. 🚀

Want to take your Unbounce landing pages + Convertables™ to the next level?
:spinbounce: Check out the Ultimate List of Unbounce Tips, Scripts & Hacks

7 replies

This is a great article, thanks for sharing. I’ve got this working on my form but only works on the first 2 boxes. Would you be able to expand on this Javascript on which sections we need to look at specifically to apply this behaviour to more fields.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply Vic, when I previewed the page for the second time, all fields had been affected. Thanks

this doesn’t seem to work on my page that i’m working on…is there a code update needed or might i have some other JS that is canceling this out?

Hey @sgro28!
Can you provide a link to your landing page? Just checked and the script is still working for us. If you don’t want to share the page in this thread, just send me a message directly. 👍

Hi Justin, sent you a DM last week. Please take a look when you have a moment and thanks!!

Sorry about that! Not sure how I missed the DM. Messaging you back now @sgro28.

Hi! i’m having trouble getting this to work. I followed the instructions but no dice…