Solved

[How-to] Add An Image Gallery to Unbounce, No Code Required!

• 20 October 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
  • Former Community Manager @ Unbounce
  • 831 replies

Let’s face it, sometimes people don’t want to read lines and lines of text when they could just look through an image gallery.

We were inspired to create this Tip when one of our Community members posted a question about how to implement an image gallery in their landing page. So, if you find this tip useful, be sure to thank @Mark_El-Hayek! 🙂

So, without further ado, here’s a very simple workaround to use in Unbounce’s Page Builder that will allow anyone to create an image gallery in their landing pages, without using any code at all!

:spinbounce: See this script in action (built in Unbounce) here:
http://unbouncepages.com/image-gallery/

How to Install in Unbounce

Click Here for Instructions

🚨
This is not an official Unbounce feature. This functionality is based entirely on third party code, and has only been tested in limited applications. Since this isn’t a supported Unbounce feature, our support team will be unable to assist if things go awry. So if you are not comfortable with HTML, Javascript and CSS, please consider consulting an experienced developer.

Step 1.

In your page builder, create a lightbox button on your landing page.

Step 2.

Add an image to your lightbox (let’s call this Lightbox 1)

Step 3.

Add a lightbox button to a second lightbox (we’ll call that one Lightbox 2)

Step 4.

In Lightbox 2, add a new button to a third lightbox and last lightbox (Lightbox 3)

Step 5.

In Lightbox 3, add a new button to Lightbox 1

Step 6.

Add “back” buttons if you’d like the user to be able to navigate back.

💡 Pro tip:
Well-chosen and thoughtfully placed images in your landing page can help you achieve higher conversion rates, so give this a whirl and take your landing page from good to great! And keep in mind, bad stock photos have been proven to ruin otherwise awesome landing pages! So always aim to use relevant and good quality images.

And that’s it! :gif_master:

Can’t see the instructions? Log-in or Join the Community to get access immediately. 🚀

Want to take your Unbounce landing pages + Convertables™ to the next level?
:spinbounce: Check out the Ultimate List of Unbounce Tips, Scripts & Hacks

icon

Best answer by Laserfocus 11 March 2020, 17:48

View original

8 replies

Do you have a live URL of this feature you could post as an example?

I created a landing page with an example: http://unbouncepages.com/image-gallery/

I hope that’s helpful! 🙂

Thanks @David_Costas! Looks great. 🙂

@Jess I’ve followed your steps exactly but unfortunately after the initial lightbox loads for my gallery, upon clicking the right-arrow—it just reloads the first image. I triple-checked to ensure that I had everything linked up correctly and I do. Has Unbounce changed their code to dis-allow/block for image galleries? Or lightboxes within lightboxes? I’ve tried lots of different image link orders and nothing seems to work 😕

Got the same here 😦 has anyone an alternative?

I am having the same issues as the previous two people, any answers??? This isn’t working, at least not in preview mode.

Any suggestions on how to improve load times of the lightboxes?

Couple of contributing factors:

• Requests for new lightbox assets are only made AFTER the fade-out; feels like a missed opportunity here from Unbounce to improve performance.
  • Any ideas on how we could pre-cache the images? Ideally in an a-sync manner after page load 😊
  • How about ditching the fade-out?
Badge

Hey guys!

Thanks for the work you are doing here and the image gallery looks amazing.

I made a video on YouTube in my Unbounce playlist showing how to set this up…

Here is the link for those who want to see how to do this from start to finish:

Let me know if you have any questions!!

Ivan