[How-to] Add a Favicon to an Unbounce Landing Page

• 21 October 2016
  • 14 replies

Last updated April 2, 2020 by @Jess

The updated version of these instructions can be found here

Want to take your Unbounce landing pages + convertables to the next level?
:spinbounce: Check out the Ultimate List of Unbounce Tips, Scripts & Hacks

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

😍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

+1 - Crucial for creditability!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

lol … crucial eh? …

Hello,
How do I find the location of my favicon.co file? If it is in the root directory of my website, where would I find the root directory of my website? I am using a wordpress theme that allowed me to upload a 16x16 .png in the ‘Theme Options’ to use as a custom favicon…sorry, I don’t know where to find the favicon.ico file. Thank you!

Dang, never thought “favicons” for landing pages. How did I miss this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Laurie,

If you are sure the favicon has been placed in the root directory of your WP installation than it most probably can be found at: https://www.awesome-website.com/favicon.ico

However, sometimes themes put the favicon in their own theme directory like so: /https://www.awesome-website.com/wp-content/themes/awesome-theme-name/favicon.ico

Last but not least, you can just right click on your blog. Bring up the “View Source” and search for the favicon.

Best,
Hristian

Thank you so much Hristian! I was able to find it by enabling the Developer menu and and bringing up “View Source” as you suggested.

Thank you, thank you!

How do you do this in the new 2017 UI? There’s no placement dropdown menu to select “Head” as step 3 directs. Can you please share how to do this without the dropdown menu? Thanks!

Somebody know how to find the favicon.ico in Shopify ?

I view the page source, it’s here:
link rel=“shortcut icon” type=“image/x-icon” href="//cdn.shopify.com/shopify-marketing_assets/static/shopify-favicon.png"

Thanks for posting this! Just a note: The code in the instructions is missing the second quote mark, resulting in invalid javascript.

It works. Thanks!

Love it!
Hint: if you use the script manager, you can set this up for all pages in one go - per domain!

My favicon image is transparent but doesn’t show up as transparent when I load the site. Anyone know how to fix this?