How do I redirect try.mydomain.com/ to my regular homepage?

• 13 December 2013
  • 8 replies

I’ve set up a Unbounce landing page e.g. try.mydomain.com/something

However people may go to try.mydomain.com to see what is there, but at the moment they get: The requested URL / was not found on this server.

How can I fix this? I guess preferably / would redirect to my regular homepage.

8 replies

Hey Steven - you can have your landing page appear at try.mydomain.com. If you want to delete the path you just need to update your display URL.

Alternatively, if you’d rather keep your landing page try.mydomain.com/something and have try.mydomain.com. redirect to your homepage, let me know. That can be achieved with a little bit of javascript.

Yeah that’s what we want - to keep /something as we will also have /somethingelse and a few other variants. Just want to take care that / does something too.

We’re been liberal with the javascript to get a lightbox slider and fancybox working at the same time. Please do let me know what I need to do (I’ll clarify the js with a proper dev as we are still having some other js issues). Thanks!

Answer is here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/54…

Just need to create a new blank unbounce page at / and add the above (replacing example for your site) and publish it.

Hey Steven - sorry you beat me to the punch!

For anyone else, in Unbounce, it’s pretty straightforward but in a nutshell, simply publish a page at “try.mydomain.com” and embed the following code into your page’s scripts dialog:

Replace google.com with your redirecting homepage and you should be all set. Hope that helps!

In Unbounce, it’s pretty straightforward but in a nutshell, simply publish a page at try.mydomain.com and embed the following code into your page’s scripts dialog:

Replace google.com with your redirecting homepage and you should be all set.

In Unbounce, it’s pretty straightforward but in a nutshell, simply publish a page at try.mydomain.com and embed the following code into your page’s scripts dialog:

‘’

Replace google.com with your redirecting homepage and you should be all set.

For any other curious cats I’ll say in Unbounce, it’s pretty straightforward. In a nutshell, simply publish a page at try.mydomain.com and embed the following code into your page’s scripts dialog:

<br /> <!--
<br /> window.location = "http://www.google.com/"
<br /> //-->
<br /> </script>```   

Replace google.com with your redirecting homepage and you should be all set. Hope that helps!

why are there line breaks on that script?