How comprehensive is the SalesForce.com integration?

• 23 February 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge

Considering an Unbounce account upgrade to access SalesForce.com integration, but after reading about the process it seems really limited and I’m looking for some opinions from people who are using it.

I use Campaign Monitor integration with most of my forms and it’s great. I can map every field I collect from my Unbounce form and I regularly use hidden fields to segment the data. I’d like to do something similar with SalesForce.com but it seems the API is limited.

Let’s say I have a form that collects:

• First Name

• Last Name

• Company Name

• Email Address
    and two hidden fields:

• Campaign Reference

• Lead Source
    Can I dynamically map these fields into SF.com so leads from different campaigns are segmented within SF?

Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Badge

This issue has reared its head again. If someone who uses the SF integration with Unbounce could help out, I’d really appreciate it.

Looks like no one replied to this. I have the same issue. I can map every other field to a lead record in Salesforce except the Campaign_ID field. Very frustrating. The only option on the Unbounce side that I am aware of requires a lot of custom set/script and you then lose your leads that they track because you can not use their form (which is part of the reason we went with this solution in the first place - ease of integration … but not so much). I have been asking about this for months… I have integrated SF with other apps and have been able to map Campaign_ID. The only thing i read about here was that it was a limitation with SF API - but that’s not what Salesforce says. Very disappointing.

Badge

Hey Jenna

Interestingly I had a conversation with this client yesterday about restarting the process to get SF integration, so your response is very timely.

It is interesting that you’re getting some success with the integration though, and I’ve heard the same thing about the limitations being on the SF API rather than Unbounce.

I can’t help you at all today, but as I get into the integration I can share my experience of the process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey folks!

Just wanted to chime in here to provide a bit more clarification around this subject, because this isn’t the first time this issue has been brought up. First off, THANK YOU (both @Jenna_Bensoussan and @Mark_Weatherill) for bringing this up, because these conversations are what push changes and improvements to our product.

The post we had shared in the Community is out of date and needs some updates. At the time we created the integration, way back when, there wasn’t the ability to link the leads to a specific campaign. It seems like this may have changed since then so we’re going to bring this to the attention of our product team.

I’m sorry I don’t have a quick fix for this right now, but your feedback has pushed this topic to the right people.

I know some of our @Unbounce-Experts use the Salesforce integration so some of them might be able to shed some light on dynamic field mapping.

Please feel encouraged to continue this conversation, or message me directly any time with any questions you may have!

Cheers 🙂

I am very interested to follow this development.

The question I am wondering - I am about to buy a paid sub to unbounce, as I have been using the free version and need more functionality. I was thinking I would skip up from the lowest paid level because we work a lot with SalesForce, and it seemed wise to purchase the plan that features integration with it. SO - is it worth it, or am i going to run into bumps right off the bat is my concern?