How can I get IP addresses in my lead emails?

• 13 November 2018
  • 6 replies

My landing page has a form that collects an email address. This lead is sent to me as an email.

I’ve read on some other posts that unbounce automatically captures the IP address and includes it. However my lead emails never have anything other than the email address.

How do I capture the IP?

6 replies

I was actually just looking into this today as well. Since we just launched our first landing page and I found that it should be on the Landing page within unbounce under the “view leads” button. Here’s the page I found that info on, I hope it helps answer your question.

I need it within my lead emails, so I can analyze the data in my CRM tool. That said, at least there is a way to get those IP addresses - so it’s not ideal, but better than nothing.

This was a good find, thanks for telling me about it! 🙂

do you now know how to capture the ip addresses in your email leads?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Daniel_Cervantes,

Unbounce does that auto-magically for you in the background.

You can push that information to a webhook, Zapier or your preferred email system.

Best,
Hristian

I want it to show on the regular email notification but it wont show i have tried putting hidden fields ihave done many trials and errors and the ip addresses of our leads still wont show on the email.
basically we want all the details in notifications in unbounce to be also inculded in the email notifications.

what is the way to do that?

Thank You

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Daniel_Cervantes,

I just did a quick test and it seems the IP address was removed from email notifications.

My guess is that this is due to GDPR compliance. @Jess might have the answer.

The field is still available for passing through webhooks and 3rd party integrations so you might want to take a look at using Zapier or an email platform like MailChimp.
(This has the added benefit that you can style your email any way you want and include relevant branding, etc.)

Best,
Hristian