Feedback for my first landing page - built to solve a current issue I have

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve?
It is difficult to meet across the globe online and build long lasting relationships

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
As of now, only through word of mouth

3: What is your conversion goal?
Validate a product idea

4: Paste a link to your published landing page / popup: 👇
https://www.pitch19.com/

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi Ali! First of all, welcome to the community 🎉

Secondly, this is such a cool (and timely) concept! I really love the minimal design.

A couple of things to consider:

1. Add a section about “what is Pitch19?”, right now I’m not sure why I’m signing up to connect with people around the world. The idea is awesome, but knowing a bit more about Pitch19 would help me to get on board.
  2. Include testimonials. At this point, I feel like I might be the very first person to join this.
  3. The “topics you’re interested in” could be a dropdown, to help sort and filter.
  4. Have you considered a dropdown for preferred language?
  5. What’s the cadence that I’d be meeting with people? Once a week? Once a month? It would help to know what I’m signing up for.

Those are some things to get you started. Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

-Jess

Userlevel 5
Badge

You do a good job of explaining what your product does, but it’s missing why you would want to do it. Lead with the benefit, and try to be as specific and concrete. Some use cases could help. It’s not clear if this is designed for B-to-B networking or some kind of consumer social platform.

I would also suggest getting a call-to-action above the fold. Maybe just a button or link leading to the form.

For the form, I think you need to get a bit more specific or add more context. Why should someone fill out the form and what will happen when they do? Rewrite the heading above the form to focus on why instead of what. Perhaps something along the lines of Make your first connections now, or something along those lines. I would also change the button copy to something more descriptive and beneficial to the user.

You could add a bit of text, too, to help answer any questions people may have, such as, when you submit the form do you get a list of matches, do you schedule something right away or later, etc.?

Finally, you may want to have someone proofread your text. There are a couple of grammar/off phrasing issues. For instance, it should be “people who share…” in the headline. And “fill up” a form sounds strange. I think you mean fill out.

Best of luck.

Userlevel 5
Badge

You’re welcome.

While I don’t think it necessarily has to be just one or the other between b-to-b and consumer, it would be easier to develop compelling messaging if you did focus on one or the other. The benefits would after all be different for those segments. If you are planning on promoting this beyond word of mouth you could create a dedicated landing page for each.

For the CTA at the top, I think an anchor link down to the form is fine. You have the form on the page anyway. Plus, some people may want to check out the form and then go back and read what else is on the page, so it’s a bit better U/X to keep it all on one page in my opinion. The main reason to get a CTA up top is to immediately communicate the purpose of the page.

It’s hard to say exactly where to put the what happens next info without knowing what actually does happen next. I think you can accomplish some of it by simply revising the heading and button text. If there is a bit more you need to communicate, I would start by placing it under the form heading.