Favicon where to find it?

• 1 March 2019
  • 5 replies

I created a new page “Mywellcare” and do not understand how to upload the favicon, and where to upload it…? I have a favicon icon and the page is hosted on Unbounce… and now? I look at the 3 favicon step instructions but i get stuck at step 1…

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @MyWellCare_Deutschla!

If you are using a subdomain (subdomain.website.com) for your pages and have a website on the domain with a favicon, you can use the following snippet:

<link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="https://www.website.com/favicon.ico" /> 

So the link i have placed is the location of your favicon on your website.
I placed this in the script manager so I do not have to place this on each page.

I hope that helps!

Thank you. We got it solved 🙂 ! Have a good weekend!

What if we don’t have a website on the domain, and are creating landing pages uniquely in Unbounce. Then we can’t use favicons?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi Greg, you can definitely use favicons even if you don’t have a website on the domain. We typically recommend uploading your favicon image to a cloud hosting platform like Dropbox, and then following the same instructions from our documentation.

Of course not then you, favicon only show when you have a platform and a website