Dynamic location insertion in text through AdWords ValueTrack parameters

• 10 June 2015
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I want to use dynamic text replacement on my landing page based on user location in one of my AdWords campaigns. I was dissapointed to find out you can only pull Google’s criteria ID with the AdWords location valuetrack parameters ( {loc_interest_ms} and {loc_physical_ms} ).

I know I can use a script to capture the GeoIP and insert that into the text, but it would be great if Unbounce would map Google’s location ID to the actual location name. This way location or location of interest could be interted dynamically as easily as keyword insertion is currently.

Best,
Job

4 replies

+1 for Job’s suggestion. Job did you figure out how to do it with a script by any chance?

+1 would love to see this script or instructions on how it is done.

Is there really not an in house solution for this yet? I see how we can use a 3rd party script to insert someone’s location using geolocation db but in reality it doesn’t work well. Especially for mobile users.

Using {loc_interest_ms} or {loc_physical_ms} would be much more powerful. It looks like easylanding.io created an inhouse solution. https://easylanding.io/how-to/insert-users-city-into-landing-page-with-easy-landing/

This doesn’t look that hard to setup with a little developing skills (Which I don’t have lol).

Yeah, that was me. If someone from the Unbounce team wants to hear how I did it let me know. I ended up discontinuing Easy Landing.