Adwords Final URL Variant Reporting

• 21 August 2017
  • 1 reply

Hello Lovely Unbounce Community,

We currently need some help in displaying variant reporting in the Adwords console, as we get more information there i.e. ad clicks, impressions, ctr, etc, in correlation to the landing pages.

Desired Outcome:

We would like to ideally see the different variants reported in the Adwords console in different URLs, while keeping the Unbounce feature where traffic is split 50 / 50 into the different variants.

Challenge:

The Adwords console reports on a Final URL basis, even though there are 2 variants in unbounce i.e. In the unbounce console, we have LP Variants A & B both linked to the same URL with a 50 / 50 traffic split. The problem is, that Adwords will report both variant’s statistics under the same final URL because it is doesn’t know that they are being sent to 2 different variants.

The question in short is:

1. Is there a way to report on LP variants in Adwords, despite Unbounce variant pages linking to the same URL?

a) If there isn’t, is there a way to still split traffic 50/50 to the variant landing pages, whilst applying 2 variants to all campaigns in Adwords? and How would you approach this?

Thanks a lot in advanced!
Kit

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @Kitx!

Do you have Google Analytics installed? If so, you should be able to set up conversion goals and track variant data independently.

Let me know if that would work for you here?

Cheers!