Quote Request Landing Page Feedback

• 15 September 2020
  • 6 replies

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve?
I’m trying to increase conversions on this page. It’s been sitting around ~12% for past 180 days.

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
Organic search

3: What is your conversion goal?
~25%

4: Paste a link to your published landing page / popup: 👇

6 replies

Badge +3

Hey Nick!

Easier to talk than type 😉

This is some great feedback on the page! Thank you for taking the time to pull this video together. I will be sure to make most of these suggested edits 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey Nick! I decided to jump on the same train as @Adam_Smartschan and recorded some feedback. Let me know if you don’t have access to that.

Edit: One thing to point out is that I realized after I recorded that the video on this landing page is a testimonial video. However, upon first glance I assumed it was an explainer video, so that may be feedback in itself. Imagine your visitors are just as lazy as I am and aren’t willing to read each detail 😂

Hopefully that help, or at least gives you some ideas for testing!

All the best,

-Jess

Hi Jess. Could you please share the resources you mentioned in the video - about populating form fields via utm?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @Nick_Cotter,

I’ll jump in too with a few quick pointers although Adam and Jess covered a lot of good points:

It seems that your brand had a major redesign sometimes between February and April of this year but you’ll never know that by looking at the landing page (LP) above.

Your new design guide/style seems great, lots of white space, plenty of social proof that you should be using on the LPs, excellent highlight of features and benefits, new video testimonials, awesome stats being highlighted, dedicated integrations section, etc.

We see this pretty often with larger brands… landing pages are put together quickly to hit a deadline for a particular campaign so the design guide isn’t exactly followed to the T.
Campaign(s) start and landing pages are left without any substantial updates due to lack of resources and time.
(Side note: I hate it when the year in the footer hasn’t been updated. A big red flag to me but that’s just a personal thing)

This is what you should do to this particular page:

1. Update the design to be inline with your new style guide
  2. Add stats
  3. Update/Add newer text testimonials
  4. Add new video testimonials
  5. Update map with new fulfillment centers
  6. Add new section about integrations and partners
  7. Update the form and form box (that form is ugly 🙂 ) If you have the traffic, try testing a custom multi-step that start with an “easy” question like: Number of monthly shipments? However don’t do a dropdown for it but rather radio select boxes.
  8. Start some heatmaps and screen recordings on the page. Look at how potential leads interact with the page.
  9. Dig more into your Google Analytics data.

Now as you can see, there is plenty of work to be done. The only point I kind of disagree on with Adam is that this page gets traffic from organic search so copy and information is somewhat necessary. So although the page is copy heavy, I wouldn’t cut too much of it. In fact I would test adding more to it.

PPC landing pages are a different story.

I would create dedicated landing pages to target various verticals and platforms (DTC, bigger platforms like Shopify, Fulfillment, etc.). Keeping them short and to the point.

Best of luck,
Hristian

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Absolutely! Here’s some good documentation that breaks it down. Feel free to ask any follow-up questions here and I’ll do my best to help out!

-Jess