Solved

Landing Page Feedback: Home Care

• 1 February 2022
  • 3 replies

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve?

Increase conversion rate for the page. Should I test changing the headline/design Current rate is 14% which isn’t bad but I know it can be improved. This is for home care. Note: I know stock photos aren’t best but client doesn’t have actual photos

Pretty much if you had a loved one who needed care at home, would you call us?

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?

Google ads

3: What is your conversion goal?

Calls mainly but forms submitted are good toi

4: Paste a link to your published landing page / popup: 👇

icon

Best answer by SeanKirby 3 February 2022, 22:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Aaron.

I’ve broken my feedback down into 3 areas you can test in order of priority.

1. Offer

It’s not clear what the offer is or what you want people to do. You introduce a “care assessment” but don’t explain what that is or why someone should want it.

The focus of the page, including most of the CTAs, seems to be more about selling the care services in general.

I suggest you define and solidify a specific offer based on your sales process, where people landing on the page are in that process and what you need people to do to take that next step.

If the offer does end up being a care assessment, that should be what you’re selling on the page. Give specifics on what that includes and the benefits of the assessment.

1. Copy

The current copy is too generic. There’s nothing there that your competitors don’t also say, but this page does it in general terms.

Wording like “highest quality home care” has no real meaning without more context or proof to back it up. It’s not something people can picture or easily define.

Even the more specific sounding copy like “110% peace of mind guarantee” is vague. Does that mean you will refund the full cost plus an additional 10% if there is an issue, or is that hyperbole like when people say they give 110% effort? Make sure to be clear and specific.

There is too much first person copy. Look how many times you use the word “me.” Put the focus on the reader. You should use “you” way more than “we” or “us.”

After rewriting the copy, be sure to have someone proofread it. I spotted multiple errors.

1. Design/layout

There’s too much going on in the hero area. I’m not sure what to look at first. I would simplify it and create more a a visual hierarchy to grab attention and draw readers in.

I would also switch up the typography to make it easier to read. Specifically, you should use more lowercase in place of capitalizing every word. You could also bump up the size a point or two.

I hope that helps. Best of luck!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Aaron,

I’ll give some open, honest and fully transparent feedback here - the page needs a lot of work for several reasons:

1. Poor design and grammatical errors eliminate any trust
    There are several grammatical errors on the page and in the meta description. Putting this the most harshly - if a company can’t create an error-free landing page then how could I ever trust them with my loved one. Similarly, if the page design is confusing, subjectively unattractive, and not well organized then that is the first impression of this senior care center that someone would get. Look at the best competitors in the area that have great websites - what design elements do you like, why do they work, can you adapt them for your own use?
  2. Put a face on the brand to build trust
    People have a hard time trusting a faceless service. You talk about the caregivers in multiple sections so I’d dedicate part of the page to introducing some of them - have a name, photo, relevant experience, and a quick personal touch/interest. Personalize/humanize this service for users so they can feel like they’re looking into working with a person, not a company. On that note - remove the Facebook, Google, and Yelp icons on the page - the way they’re displayed is meaningless and does nothing to build trust.
  3. Have a clear reason for the landing page vs. main website
    Their main website isn’t necessarily bad so it’s a bit confusing why you have this landing page. While it has far too much text and information than necessary for a landing page, I’d argue that their main site leaves a better first impression, looks more professional, appears to be more trustworthy, and has a stronger primary CTA.
  4. Be careful with offers in this space and instead focus on quality/performance of care
    Most people aren’t looking for the cheapest option or the best discount when it comes to care for their loved ones. Offers can even discourage people from signing up because they may feel like the company is missing the mark and doesn’t understand their needs/worries/concerns. Instead, I’d focus heavily on pushing the quality, personal, transparent, and available nature of their service. Can they get ahold of someone right away, can they get a callback in under an hour, will someone answer all of their questions and be extremely helpful? That is all worth far more than an unknown “discount”.
  5. Move up the Our Promise To You section
    This seems like a hidden gem on the page. Adds a personal touch, speaks to the quality of care, and can very quickly give someone some insight into how the company thinks about care.

Hopefully this helps!

Thank you all for the honest feedback! I have since changes the page (it’s a different link) so that it’s less text, no gramatical errors and designed better