Question

How to add captcha in Landing pages?

Badge

it's really disappointing and frustrating thing to know that a company like Unbounce whose key product is a landing page builder doesn't have any captcha in their form to stop the spams leads. 

I have been trying to find the solutions for the last 7 days but did not get a single way to do it. There is neither an easy drag & drop feature to add the captcha in landing page nor enough information in help sections. Then how can I add this in my form and reduce the cost of fraud leads?

Need a quick solutions on priority. Please help.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there, so typically from our experience as an Unbounce Agency Partner, it’s impossible to completely eliminate spam leads on any platform. Spammers always find a way around it. However, there are some things you can do:

1. We find that a lot of our own spam leads are due to the traffic source. If you’re using paid media, look into a product called ClickCease which can help on the ad management side.
  2. Google reCAPTCHA v3 can be added to an Unbounce page (or any page for that matter) for free. You do need to be comfortable working with code. If not, there are many skilled developers on platforms like Upwork who can easily add this for you.

As far as I know, Unbounce does have a system in place on the backend to help with spam lead prevention. This post is a little old, but it talks about how that works (assuming it is still in use): 

Regards,

Badge

Hey @NaturTrust 

Taryn from Unbounce support here 👋

I just wanted to add to the information that @Nicholas provided! 

Another thing we suggest doing is hiding your page from search engines if you’re using PPC to drive visitors to your landing page, as this makes it harder for spam/bots to find and crawl your page. 

If you’re seeing a high number of spam leads, we’ll happily take a closer look and provide some options/insight if you want to open up a support ticket with us at support@unbounce.com 

Cheers, 

Taryn 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi There,

There is another way to add a Captcha.

While we use Unbounce we have moved on to a 3rd party form maker : Joftorm (there are others but it fits almost all our needs). 

In it you can create classic or multistep form and each field is also a widget. There is a ton of differents widget made by Jotform or other companies. And there is a Captcha widget of course.

Here is a link to all the widget they have : https://eu.jotform.com/fr/features/enable-google-recaptcha/

Of course you’ll have to pay Jotform but it brings so much features that it’s really worth the price.