Skip to main content

I have 30k+ in organic traffic monthly via google search. However, conversion to email sign up has steadily dropped over the years from about 7% to ~3%. I want to get that back up, but need a tool like UB to test / optimize.

I see there’s a Wordpress plugin. After talking with support, I have confirmed that with the plugin will use my existing WP domain (not a subdomain). 

I was thinking I could take my top 3 or 5 pages, essentially translate all the content (blog post-esque) into the UB page via the WP plugin and quickly test and optimize. I would keep the same URL structure (unpublish the WP page and publish the UB page with the exact URL), transfer the content / headers / meta verbatim, and make the pages as identical as possible.

My concern is in losing my SEO traction. A few of my top pages get ~3k visitors a month. If I switch these to UB, I am worried I’ll lose that traffic.

I realize there may be a dip initially while Google re-crawls the pages, but will it recover?

I can test on a smaller less valuable page...but am wondering if anyone has done this and gotten good (or bad) results…?

I have 30k+ in organic traffic monthly via google search. However, conversion to email sign up has steadily dropped over the years from about 7% to ~3%. I want to get that back up, but need a tool like UB to test / optimize.

I see there’s a Wordpress plugin. After talking with support, I have confirmed that with the plugin will use my existing WP domain (not a subdomain). 

I was thinking I could take my top 3 or 5 pages, essentially translate all the content (blog post-esque) into the UB page via the WP plugin and quickly test and optimize. I would keep the same URL structure (unpublish the WP page and publish the UB page with the exact URL), transfer the content / headers / meta verbatim, and make the pages as identical as possible. Okumaya devam edin to ensure that all the SEO elements are correctly implemented and monitor the impact closely during the transition.

My concern is in losing my SEO traction. A few of my top pages get ~3k visitors a month. If I switch these to UB, I am worried I’ll lose that traffic.

I realize there may be a dip initially while Google re-crawls the pages, but will it recover?

I can test on a smaller less valuable page...but am wondering if anyone has done this and gotten good (or bad) results…?

Switching to UB might cause a temporary dip in SEO traffic as Google re-crawls the new pages. However, if you keep the same URL structure and replicate the content and meta tags accurately, your rankings should recover over time. Testing on a smaller page first is a good approach. Many users have successfully transitioned platforms with minimal long-term traffic loss, but monitor your traffic closely to manage any changes effectively.

@sewheidi 

It's great that you're already seeing significant organic traffic and are proactively seeking ways to boost your conversion rate. The strategy you're considering with the WP plugin and Unbounce (UB) integration is a solid approach, especially for quick A/B testing and optimization.

However, your concern about losing SEO traction is valid. Here are a few points to consider:

1. SEO Impact: Switching your pages to Unbounce might temporarily affect your rankings. Even if you maintain the same URL structure, headers, and meta tags, there's still a possibility that Google could interpret the change as a new page, especially if the underlying code structure changes significantly. That could result in a temporary dip in traffic while Google re-crawls and re-evaluates the pages.

2. Testing Strategy: Since you're cautious about potential traffic loss, starting with a less valuable page is a wise move. This allows you to monitor the impact without risking your high-traffic pages. If the test is successful, you can gradually roll out the changes to your top-performing pages.

3. Recovery and Gains: While there might be an initial dip, if the optimized page converts better and provides a better user experience, Google might reward that in the long term. It's all about balancing short-term risk with potential long-term gain.

4. Alternative Approach: Consider running tests on alternative landing pages rather than your high-traffic blog posts. You can direct traffic to these optimized pages through CTAs, pop-ups, or banners on your existing blog posts. This way, you can preserve your SEO while still testing and optimizing for conversions.

Ultimately, it's a trade-off between immediate conversion optimization and maintaining your SEO standing. If you proceed, closely monitor the pages' performance and be prepared to revert if needed.

Has anyone else in the community tried a similar approach? What were your results?