Question

Maintaining SEO traction when converting a Wordpress Page to an UnBounce Page (using the plugin)

• 22 February 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge

I have 30k+ in organic traffic monthly via google search. However, conversion to email sign up has steadily dropped over the years from about 7% to ~3%. I want to get that back up, but need a tool like UB to test / optimize.

I see there’s a Wordpress plugin. After talking with support, I have confirmed that with the plugin will use my existing WP domain (not a subdomain). 

I was thinking I could take my top 3 or 5 pages, essentially translate all the content (blog post-esque) into the UB page via the WP plugin and quickly test and optimize. I would keep the same URL structure (unpublish the WP page and publish the UB page with the exact URL), transfer the content / headers / meta verbatim, and make the pages as identical as possible.

My concern is in losing my SEO traction. A few of my top pages get ~3k visitors a month. If I switch these to UB, I am worried I’ll lose that traffic.

I realize there may be a dip initially while Google re-crawls the pages, but will it recover?

I can test on a smaller less valuable page...but am wondering if anyone has done this and gotten good (or bad) results…?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!