Bringing an agency customer story to life: Turning a blog post into a compelling video

• 21 March 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey there 👋🏻 My name is Alana and I’ve worked at Unbounce as a multimedia designer for a few years.

A couple months ago, my content creator colleague shared a customer story recording with me and asked me to help turn it into a multimedia piece for the blog… and I’ll admit, I wasn’t exactly sure what was expected!

The low quality Zoom recording with agency owner Jeff Taylor, 40 min long, was surprisingly fascinating. I listened to it in one go while taking notes. Since then the interview’s been turned into this amazing blog post. But how to turn this recording into a compelling brand video when the customer had his camera off the whole time? 😅

My team and I decided to pitch a Customer Story Videos Program because at times, words alone cannot capture the impact a product has on people. The idea was to use motion graphics (templating designs where possible) to convey the customer’s story and showcase the power of our tools.

Here are some of the project’s highlights:

• Like the blog post, we highlighted the results/stats from Jeff (spoiler alert: 10X increase in conversions using Smart Traffic!) 🤯
  • We used AI tools ourselves like Topaz Photo AI to help make Jeff look his best
  • Through motion graphics, we illustrated a timeline of the agency’s background starting in the 1990s and the challenges they faced in the digital marketing landscape.
  • Jeff’s team’s use of Smart Traffic, and learnings, was so well explained that we illustrated that as well with a US map concept.

Please let us know what you think of the video. And if you’re an agency, have you used Smart Traffic yet? What’s your experience been like?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!