Upload Files (Images, Documents) into the Form

• 28 February 2013
  • 53 replies

Show first post

53 replies

Just signed up to unbounce to create a landing page to collect CVs for recruitment purposes. Sad to find within 15 minutes that this isn’t a feature. I’m also sad that the workarounds mentioned earlier in the thread require additional payments to accept attachments in forms. I’d be keen to find out if this feature is likely to make it into Unbounce any time soon.

Regards,
John.

Would love to have this feature…

Is there a status on this feature? Is it coming or not?

Im currently looking at how I can get users to upload their CV. Doesn’t look possible with unbounce. is this in a future update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Aidan, 

In a recent AMA last week, the Unbounce team mentioned that rebuilding the form builder is on their roadmap for this year. 

But it might be a few months away. 

If you need a more immediate solution you have a few options:

• Embed a 3rd party form that supports file uploads like Wufoo or 123ContactForm

• Split your form into 2 parts. Capture the contact information upfront and redirect to a new page for the upload of the file. 

Best,
Hristian

I would too love to have this feature. Please get it done asap - thanks

Hi 
Wufoo or 123 are 15$ more out each month… just for this functionnality !

It’s a great pity that there won’t be a file upload function. This is really critical to our business. As a former software developer myself, I know that it is definitely a no brainer to add a file upload function. I wonder what is stopping you…

Fortunately, I’m on a 30 day trial subscription and that means I’ll be looking for an alternative provider who can offer this critical function. 

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can I have a file upload on my landing page?.

My client needs his prospects to upload a copy of their industry license. Is this feature available and possible within Unbounce?

Any ETA on when this feature will be completed?

hi, any advance on this feature?

Guys PLEASE make this feature available quick!

Hi, I’m building a HR page, and would definitely need the “upload” feature in the form. Any news from the Unbouce team on this topic ? Thanks in advance for the answer

So I sort off found an affordable solution for wordpress websites:

1. Get a basic Gravity form subscription ($59/year)
  2. Put the desired form on blanco page on your website, make the page unreachable(menu, links) and non-indexed
  3. Put an Iframe on your Unbouce page with the Gravity form.
  4. You may need to build an unique form for mobile on another page and make a unique section in Unbounce for mobile and desktop with an unique Iframe. Iframes can be responsive but not sure the content of the Iframe will be responsive.

Google Analytics

1. You will now have to filter out the Unbounce page from Google Analytics otherwise you will track double because of the Iframe.
  2. Track conversions with the Gravityform build in events. You can easily find Youtube tutorials how to do that

Data export
Gravity form’s basic subscription can export data automatically to multiple email software such as Mailchimp, Active Campaign etc

Its not very simple, you have to put some effort in, but its an affordable solution 😑

Many thanks Jurjen !
Sounds like a plan 😀

Boggles the mind that file/image upload is still not a feature of this amazing application. Aside from this omission, Unbounce is perfect.

I just want to make sure this topic doesn’t die.

It’s been 6.5 years since Carter from the Unbouce team said “We have a bunch of improvements to lead-gen forms that we’ll be evaluating soon and this is one of them.”

It’s been 3 years since the Unbounce said the new form builder will be available in their AMA (maybe it is? but still no upload option)

I would just like to point out that this is the biggest reason we’re considering moving away from Unbounce. 3 years of silence on this topic

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey TJ, thanks for keeping this feature request alive. I hear you, when it’s been such a long time since the feature request was submitted it probably feels like it hasn’t been considered.

I just wanted to reassure that this feedback doesn’t go unnoticed. As we evolve the builder, we take all of these types of requests into consideration and it’s always a balancing act to work on the features that provide the most value to our customers, but of course we can’t build them all.

I’ve shared this post with our Product Managers and a handful of our senior leadership to make sure your feedback is received.

It’s not ideal, but in the meantime there are some workarounds that @Hristian shared here in the community to support file uploads:

While this probably isn’t the response you were looking for, I wanted to make sure you didn’t get crickets on the topic. If you’d like to chat more about it I’d be more than happy to set up a meeting to hear more about the impact that file uploads would have on your experience with Unbounce, and on your business. Give me a shout if you’re interested and I’ll send you a calendar invite 🙂

All the best,

-Jess

Hi all,

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us feedback on our forms, it’s always valuable for us to hear from customers on how we can do better. We have gotten similar feedback from other customers as well that the current version of Unbounce forms lack some much desired functionality and flexibility. As you know, community workarounds do offer the ability to achieve some of that missing functionality, although we are aware of how tedious that can become and how difficult it can be to manage multiple workarounds on a single page.

I’d like to be transparent and say that this specific feature is not something we are actively working on now, or in the near future, but we are currently investigating ways to improve the overall content creation experience in Unbounce. Inspecting our forms solution is a part of that, but at this time it’s too early to provide specifics on what functionality that may involve or timelines.

Thanks again for taking the time to give us this feedback and I encourage everyone to submit their votes so that the most important ones rise to the top. I know this response is light on the details, my apologies. Knowing exactly what customers need out of forms though is extremely helpful while we are working on providing a better experience when building pages with Unbounce, so please keep the feedback coming!

Jordana

With respect, it’s silly to ask for more feedback about this. You’ve admitted you’re “not actively working on this” now or in the near future. What is the point of more feedback when this feature has been requested for more than six years?

I’d like to add my voice to the request to be able to upload a document to the form. We are recruitment agency, and would LOVE to be able to ask people to upload their CV’s

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you need a short term solution for this, you can always try embedding a third party form into Unbounce that has upload functionality. We’ve tried Typeform and it works well. I know it’s not ideal, but it works for now.

I’ve been using Unbounce for over 5 years, I’ve brought dozens of different companies on to your platform over the years and I use it on and off for ad hoc projects.

I’ve even had one of my landing pages featured in your blog for being one of the highest converting pages. I constantly recommend you guys to everyone.

My business and recommendations are all up in the air right now because you guys are handling this feature request awfully.

Your existing customers have been practically begging you for this for nearly 10 years now.

The word of mouth from you’re existing customers is your best acquisition channel.

So, when your Unbounce customer support managers send someone in here to say “keep up the feedback!” you should know that to myself and the many in this thread that it feels mostly like a slyly-worded back-handed slap to the face.

I hope that by spelling this out for you very clearly, this will rise through the ranks and get this feature fixed.

Please do not someone in again to look at what I wrote, critique what I said, and find a way to say, “we’re sorry you feel this way, it was never our intention, we care, we prioritize, and actually… blah blah blah”

Just fix this please. Again, I’m a big fan and user, I’m just peeved that you guys won’t roll this feature out.

Thanks,
Troy

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey Troy, welcome to the community!

If you’d like to book time to chat, I’d like to get a better picture of the impact that this feature would have on your business. I’d be happy to set up a meeting, let me know and I’ll send over a link to schedule something.

-Jess

Any updates?