Skip to main content

A client of mine had us set up landing pages about a year ago for his Google Ads. This work perfectly until we recently launched a new website for this client. When the site went live, all of the unbounce links now go to pages on the new website that are broken pages. Even when in the landing page editor when I click on the link, the pages still go out to a page on the new website. What do I need to change/update in order to get the links working properly again? 

Hi @mark.masi!

Do you have access to the domain and website hosting panel? If so, make sure the DNS settings are correct for Unbounce sub-domain links of the website. Also, check the .htaccess file in the hosting panel to ensure there is no forced redirection to the main website. The forced redirection could be done from the hosting panel, .htaccess file, or the website’s back-end, such as WordPress redirection. Lastly, you can check the Unbounce domain’s DNS here: https://dnschecker.org/. Check if it’s configured correctly.

If you can check this properly, I’m pretty sure your problem will be solved.

Thanks

Would be good to see in the site’s source code, where the links are pointing to. Can you share the links of the old and the new landfingpage?

1. Check URL Accuracy: Ensure the URLs are correctly typed and match the intended destinations.
  2. Clear Cache: Clear your browser's cache to resolve any old or corrupted links.
  3. Update Browser: Make sure your web browser is up to date for optimal performance.
  4. Disable Extensions: Temporarily disable browser extensions to identify if they're causing redirect issues.
  5. Verify Links: Confirm that links on your site or emails direct to the correct pages.
  6. Examine Server Logs: Check server logs for any errors or misconfigurations causing the issue.
  7. Redirect Settings: Review and correct any misconfigured redirects in your web server settings.
  8. Check for Malware: Scan your website for malware that might be causing incorrect redirects.
  9. Validate Links: Use tools to validate and test links to ensure they are functional.
  10. Review Site Map: Update and review your site map to ensure all links are accurate.
  11. Monitor Site Analytics: Use analytics to track where users are being redirected to identify problem areas.
  12. Avoid Fake APKs: Be cautious of fake PhonePe apk or similar sources that may cause security issues or misdirect users.